What is it with Americans claiming an NFL player will beat a UFC fighter in a fight?

Because Jon Jones's brothers always smash him

I think if you took all the top defensive end prospects from college football, and instead of getting drafted to the NFL, they got sent to various MMA camps around the world..

Within a decade, one of those guys would be a LHW or HW champ, with the rest of the top 10 being at least half of those football prospects.

I think of you took all the top defensive end prospects from college football, and instead of getting drafted to the NFL, they got sent to various MMA camps around the world..

Within a decade, one of those guys would be a LHW or HW champ, with the rest of the top 10 being at least half of those football prospects.

I disagree

Football players have no cardio, they cannot go five minutes without gassing

I think if you took all the top defensive end prospects from college football, and instead of getting drafted to the NFL, they got sent to various MMA camps around the world..

If you took a bunch of extremely athletic guys and trained them in MMA for a decade some of them would turn out good?

Hot take.

What's the size difference, the football players backgrounds and hobbies, and which fighter?

I seriously do not get the logic.
Guys who don't train like to believe their big muscles matter more than actual fight experience. It's just coping. Not that serious.

Personally, I prefer that less people train. Not every athletic meat head should know how to choke someone or destroy joints. Let them enjoy their delusions.

Guys who don't train like to believe their big muscles matter more than actual fight experience. It's just coping. Not that serious.

Personally, I prefer that less people train. Not every athletic meat head should know how to choke someone or destroy joints. Let them enjoy their delusions.
Your last paragraph literally proves that you know that athleticism and bigger muscles help with fighting, hence why you'd prefer they don't train and get that advantage too.

I think it might be you who's coping.

I think the key word is ALL. If you took ALLLLL of the top defensive end prospects. So statistically, there is a strong chance that one of them is capable of being good at MMA

I feel like the current problem is that guys tend to choose to be fighters because they enjoy fighting. There's a reason why no pro athlete has become a dominant champ over the past 30 years. A huge factor that a lot of people overlook isn't athletic ability. It's fighting spirit. A lot of football players are tough with tackling. But not everyone is comfortable getting punched in the face. Or taking a massive body shot. That alone eliminates the majority of athletes from being great fighters.

If you took a bunch of extremely athletic guys and trained them in MMA for a decade some of them would turn out good?

Hot take.

It’s not “some would turn out good”.

It’s “they would dominate the sport”. The champ and most of the top 10 in two divisions would be football players.

The level of physical traits and abilities of a NFL prospect is absurd.

Thats why people even consider the notion that an untrained NFL player could still win a fight.

Back