What is the GOAT kid’s sandwich?

Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Grilled Cheese
or
Peanut Butter and Jelly

As an adult I proudly still eat both regularly. One can never be too old for either.

I've been making this bomb sandwich lately, I warm a croissant on a pan, then I melt dark chocolate on one end and add almond butter on the other end then I ended with a combination of berries preserves. It's amazing.

Grilled cheese is harder to make. I have to get butter, either warm it up so it can spread or just straight up melt it in the microwave, brush/slather it on the bread, heat up the stove, apply the cheese in a semi-even way, grill it and I still only have one fucking sandwich, which is never enough.

A good side with it is some tomato sauce heated up in a small bowl to dip the sandwich into.

With PB&J, or AB&J as I do often, you can get really creative and it's far less work. All kinds of different breads and fruit spread combinations. PB&Co makes an amazing cinnamon raisin peanut butter.

But to really finish it off well I love to pop it in the toaster oven to toast prior to eating. Makes the PB/AB all melty and gooey, with the bread having a satisfying crunch...

Does the Reuben count as a kid's sandwich?
best-reuben-sandwich-ever-720x720.jpg

Cuz I've liked it since I was a kid.

But between your two choices, I'd have to go with the grilled cheese.
5ad627e97708e936562b4d84

PB&J all the way.

If you spruce up the grilled cheese tho, to make it like a tuna melt or something, then I got to go with that. However, that is more adult like I guess?

If just bread and cheese, PB&J wins.

Grilled cheese >>> pb&j

I like the way Jamie Oliver makes grilled cheese.

basically make a normal grilled cheese sandwich then throw some shredded cheese directly into the pan. When it melts you place the sandwich into the melted cheese and let it form a cheesy crust.

Peanut butter jelly on a toasted English muffin.
Thank me later

PBJ all the way..
But every day After school as a youngin id take a bagel and melt a slice of American cheese on each side in the microwave. That’s was my go to.

I've been making this bomb sandwich lately, I warm a croissant on a pan, then I melt dark chocolate on one end and add almond butter on the other end then I ended with a combination of berries preserves. It's amazing.

That's a damn pastry not a sandwich man!

Peanut butter and bananas...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back