What is the greatest Michael Jackson song?

What is the greatest Michael Jackson song?

• Billie Jean

• I Want You Back

• Don’t Stop 'Til You Get Enough

• I'll Be There

• Smooth Criminal

• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin

• Beat It

• Black or White

• Rock With You

• ABC

• Man In The Mirror

• Bad

• Remember The Time

• Human Nature

• The Love You Save

• She’s Out of My Life

• The Way You Make Me Feel

• Thriller

• Off the Wall

• Other (Specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Beat It is the most hype Jackson song. That intro gets me air-humping every time.

The song? You're referring to the song or....?

Rock with You is my favorite from what I recall. It's a damn smooth song.

Smooth Criminal to me, that song is pretty much what Michael Jackson is all about.

Still, it's hard to pick one and ditch all others, ah the unfairness.....

Billie Jean is his overall greatest work, it fired on all cylinders and basically defined Jackson as a singer/songwriter and performer/dancer.

But my personnel favorite will always be the underrated JAM

The production on this one is a straight up masterpiece. Every musical embellishment and flourish, all the sounds (those horn stabs, the turntable, that Moog bass!) Just incredibly mixed. It's more rhythmically inclined than the tracks from his 80s heyday, the melody and groove are secondary here. By today's standards, he's rapping.

Dig this:

The entire song is constructed of samples from cars, he beat-boxed the rhythm and recorded vehicle sounds, re-configuring and mixing them to his liking. It's a trip to hear Jackson boasting of any kind of sexual dynamism with a woman, but he swears in the opening verse:
"And you know damn well
She gives it to me"​

Thriller is his best song, there is no doubt about it. The music video, the song, theme of Halloween. It's one of the greatest songs ever recorded. I don't give a shit what anyone says, they haven't created a song and music video like that since then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back