What is the one thing that became more clear to you as you got older?

That most people really do not want life to get better. They'd rather climb a tree and bitch than stay on the ground and let things improve.

I am the cause of all my joys and woes.
Yup. Took me a while to learn this but life just made so much more sense when I accepted it.

I can't believe how many people walk around blaming everyone else for all their problems.

What you posted there I think is literally the secret to life. If you can accept that and build your life around it you'll be so much more successful and happy.

I understand now why they make me take afternoon naps when I was a kid, coz when I'm older, it's gonna be hard and limited to get a good sleep, whether it be the work related short hours of sleep, not having peace of mind or being anxious/stressed about something and can't help but stay awake. I realized that having a real good sleep will be hard to attain as you get older and will be a luxury and it's the one thing I'll always be looking for.

What's yours?

Well, this isn't really why parents give their kids naps. It's not a luxury in preparation for adulthood. It's a necessity of childhood development, up to a certain age.

But it's nice you appreciate it now. The funny thing is when you have young kids, you do all you can to make sure their sleeps needs are met while lobbing a hand grenade onto your own sleep schedule.

That you should never believe anything anyone says. Only trust their actions, not their words.

It sounds obvious but so many people are still swayed by words.

Like if you suspect a guy of stealing, and he says, "look, I'm no theif. I have a good job, I have a wife and kids, I go to church every Sunday. You got the wrong guy."

Now you may still suspect him, but the fact that he just said that makes you trust him 1% more. Probably more than 1%.

Cops and judges are more immune to this but normal people on the street tend to always default to believing the truth is somewhere in the middle when it's not. The truth is often all the way to one side or the other.

Never seen it myself so cant justify it. An addict is always an addict if you never use again an asshole is an asshole even if you're the nicest person the rest of your life. I don't believe nature is changeable.
Yeah just will agree to disagree. If I thought that, I would have to believe there is no hope for myself as a person, and yet I know I’ve began the process of changing myself. Very slow progress at first, but even my mindset has started to change from always an ass, to truly caring about others and their feelings.

Though I will say it is hard, and most people are not up to the challenge, or at least they are not truly willing to change.

I'm not better and smarter than everyone else

I AM in fact better and smarter than everyone else

paradoxically both are somehow simultaneously true

The world is very much rigged and sequenced into arbitrary social classes that are difficult to leave.
(Difficult but not impossble, just requires a relatively good IQ and lots of drive).

Also, democracy is probably the worst form of government.

I really like mint and chip ice cream.

The best
no-churn-mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream-2.jpg

It has become clear that a man can never have enough ammunition.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Back