What is there to hate about Pereira?

There is nothing to hate about him, he's a beast. I'd even say he's built different.

Now his fan base, I absolutely hate them. They are the worst most insufferable fan base ever.

Bro beat someone favorite fighter in da PowerKube fam u ain't remember that?

He's a sniper in the octagon and isn't afraid to move up and knock fuck out of people.

If you don't like him or at least appreciate him as a fighter then you're a can, it's that simple isn't it?

Think the preferential treatment complaint was legit until he faced Blachowicz. He proved enough with that imo.
Nah. Squeaking a tepid win over a fading former champ that hadn't looked good since his title reign doesn't do much for me. Alex has looked great since winning the belt, but nothing is gonna change my stance on getting the shot in the first place. I think you can make a stronger argument at earning his MW shot than his LHW shot.

He's old school awesome. Fights frequently. No fake hate between opponents except Izzy which was very real and he was quiet about.

Exciting fighter, trains his ass off, doesn't miss weight, destroys people.

What is there to hate? Or is just blind hatred from miserable people.
Eh there's something that rubs me the wrong way with him. I get the idea he's a pretty traditional kind of guy I don't generally vibe with that

He beat Izzy so those nuthuggers will find any reason to hate.

He's likeable, doesn't need to trash talk because his fighting style speaks for itself and that seems to irk fanboys of his opponents.

Maybe we can ask that dolt who's been making hater threads since Saturday why.

He's getting spoon fed strikers that have 1/8 of his striking experience.. He seems to be immune to that criticism.

it just happens that the top guys in his division are mostly strikers, i mean: he is fighting the supposed elite of mma, the best of the best...
he was thrown to the lions and he is coming out victorious.

He doesn't smile, doesn't trash talk, doesn't fold to groin shots, and goes for the finnish instead of making fights last longer. So annoying for MMA fans...

I wasn't a fan of Pereira from the start, didn't like him being fast-tracked to the titleshot, but now I gotta say that he's the man we need in today's UFC.

In the age of diva champions like O'Malley / Topuria / Dricus / Leon / Jones, it's great to have at least one champ who doesn't openly complain on every challenge and stays active. Unfortunately today most champs want to hold the belt as long as possible - they win the title and the first thing they do is finding reasons why legit contenders shouldn't fight them, campaigning for money fights or double champ fights.

Alex has 8 UFC fights in 30 months (he debuted against Michailidis in november 21). Thats huge.
The man is hungry.
I say feed him.

He's old school awesome. Fights frequently. No fake hate between opponents except Izzy which was very real and he was quiet about.

Exciting fighter, trains his ass off, doesn't miss weight, destroys people.

What is there to hate? Or is just blind hatred from miserable people.
If you don't like Poatan, or at least watching him fight, I don't know how you are even an MMA fan. What more do you want? That's like saying you hated watching prime Fedor.

I wasn't a fan of Pereira from the start, didn't like him being fast-tracked to the titleshot, but now I gotta say that he's the man we need in today's UFC.

In the age of diva champions like O'Malley / Topuria / Dricus / Leon / Jones, it's great to have at least one champ who doesn't openly complain on every challenge and stays active. Unfortunately today most champs want to hold the belt as long as possible - they win the title and the first thing they do is finding reasons why legit contenders shouldn't fight them, campaigning for money fights or double champ fights.
Izzy was like this too, full credit to both him and Poatan. No ducking.

His fans and the UFC's preferential treatment are particularly annoying, but he's a pretty fun guy to watch. Almost always violent and seems to stay away from drama.
<PlusJuan>
This. I enjoy his fights, I’m not a hater; but his repeated gifted title shots really annoy me, and his legions of fans asking “iS hE tHe GOAT yEt” gets really old when his resume is kind of thin overall. I don’t consider myself a fan of his really, although I generally enjoy his fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back