What is UFC trying to achieve with CM Punk?

An 0-1 fighter vs an 0-1 fighter on a main card.

That's fucking embarrassing.
Especially given who's fighting on the undercard because of it. What a joke

The UFC is a business...I'll leave you with that...you'll figure it out

what else?

Trying to draw the prorazzlin' audience to make money, just like WWE is doing with Rhonda. Money is what Dana only cares.

Crossover Cash, I thought it was obvious.

Plus Phil has charisma, an interesting story and is game. I despise how its all marketed but freak fights have their legacy and thus War Punk!

currently they want his contract to finish. Him and this Mike Jackson dude have to leave after this fight and let the UFC sign 2 decent welterweights instead, like Koreshkov and Douglas Lima

Uh... money, ratings, publicity, headlines. What the hell would they be doing it for? Dana is a YUGE fan? He wants another former WWE Heavyweight champion? You pretty much answered your own question.

they know they've finally found the only guy with the potential to be better than GSP

currently they want his contract to finish. Him and this Mike Jackson dude have to leave after this fight and let the UFC sign 2 decent welterweights instead, like Koreshkov and Douglas Lima

They can sign whoever they want whenever they want, having Punk on contract isn’t stopping them from hiring another fighter, nor is having him on a fight card meaning another fighter is missing out, quite the opposite; Mike Jackson is a regional league fighter getting a spot on a ufc ppv thanks to Punk.

WatchfulWeeGangesdolphin-size_restricted.gif

They want to convert wrasslin fans to human cock-fighting fans

Aside from a bit more viewers and money... What would CM Punk winning actually accomplish for the UFC? Mike Jackson is probably the only opponent he has a legitimate shot against, so if he wins, do we see him fed to another prospect? I mean I wish the guy well, but he’s almost 40. He’s not going to become an elite fighter. The UFC probably pays him more than he will earn them...

Thoughts?
Idek 10 yr olds cant afford PPVs

Look at it this way

They sign cm knowing he will draw interest, the UFC are not dummies, they KNOW he sucks, he isnt beating anyone with any moderate skill set.

Do you think for 1 second they didnt know Mickey Gall had talent? Rhey knew he was gonna molly whop cm punk. They also pay him peanuts right now.

So while paying cm what ever they did, they got eyes from alot of people who wanted to see punk fight win or lose.

I believe they're main intent was to promote Mickey Gall instead of wanting cm punk to win. Trust me, they definately didnt think they had another Brock on their hands, they knew cm sucked.

Basically you get eyes to see punk fight while really show casing Gall for cheap
I hope that makes sense

Back