Social What is your childhood dream, did you realize it?

My dream as a kid was to make enough money to buy the food I actually wanted at the grocery store. I make enough to do that and then some, but I still act poor and limit my spending. So much for that one....

I also wanted to be Wolverine. Still trying to figure that one out.

A bridge in my town was a drawbridge over a fairly large river. It had a little house on it for the bridgekeeper guy. A ladder down to the water. I always imagined that guy just sat there watching tv, jamming on guitar, getting laid and fishing. Every so often he'd open up the bridge for a boat. I don't know if that was a real job or not but that's the job I wanted. Dick around, no responsibility and get paid for it. And now I'm a politician which is pretty close! lol j/k. They ended up building a better, bigger bridge, no drawbridge necessary. So long, hopes and dreams.

Why fight it? Embrace it sherbro, it's far more fun that way.
Trust me, I don't want to. There's been plenty of times where I've sat in my car and told myself I could just leave. Leave everything to the wife and kids and just live a life of adventure. But obviously can't.

I wanted to be historically great. Like, when we would read stories in class I always thought, "it should be me that we read about, I should be one of those people."

and I am. I'm not going to explain how, but on my journey with God I've already became a biblical (in status), historically great figure.

I have a long way to go here on earth in terms of how other people view me and I'll work on that in due time, but in terms of how God feels about me I couldn't be doing any better than I am,.. and yes, I do feel satisfied in that.

I still want to be awesome separate from God, like I still have that burning desire to just be a badass that people look up to, that's amazing at one thing or another - I don't care about the particulars, I just want to be epic. We'll work on that :)

It's not something that eats at me, it's just a positive, good thing (God also approves of my ambition - He loves it). I'm very satisfied with where I'm at now.

I've spent two decades wearing body armor and a utility belt, answering calls for help in the night. I also benched teh 315, ate a 48oz steak in one sitting, had big ol' DD+ mommy milkers at my disposal, and built a family with a wife I love. I have a big TV and someone went and made movies and TV shows and video games about my favorite comic books.

So. Much. Win.

My childhood dream was to be an astronaut. I did get involved in the Aerospace Industry, but nothing close to being what I aspired to be. lol

I also dreamed about becoming Spider-Man. I always wish I got bitten by radioactive spider. : - )
57eeed2058867.jpeg

I wanted:
Silver Porsche 911
SUV with rims and off road tires
A nice house
Make 100k a year

I accomplished it all by age 27.

Now I'm 40 and on to much bigger things.

Career wise yes and no. Yes insofar as around age 15 I decided I wanted to be a lawyer and I fulfilled that “dream”. But at earlier ages I wanted to be different things. When I was 4 I wanted to be an astronaut. When I was 5 I wanted to be a police officer. When I was 7 I wanted to be a fisherman. But the longest childhood career aspiration I held was from about age 8 or 9 until about age 12 or 13, which was to become a zoologist and dedicate my career to field research on species in the Amazon rainforest.

Not only have I not fulfilled that dream, I have yet to even visit the Amazon rainforest and am about to turn 39 years right away here. I think 9 year old me would be extremely disappointed if he could see where I ended up 30 years in the future.

I would say yes.

And now I am cool with being a has been.

When I was a kid, I wanted to learn to play the guitar really badly. I can now play it, really badly, so mission accomplished.

When I was a kid, I wanted to learn to play the guitar really badly. I can now play it, really badly, so mission accomplished.

I've gotten ok at it now, I'm 43 and started really playing 20 years ago. I did pick it up briefly when I was 10, geez I wish I'd stayed with it the whole way through.

When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be James Brown.

But I wound up an "Endicott."

And that ain't bad. :)

My dream was to be a TV Meteorologist but my dream never came true.

My dream as a kid was to make enough money to buy the food I actually wanted at the grocery store. I make enough to do that and then some, but I still act poor and limit my spending. So much for that one....

I also wanted to be Wolverine. Still trying to figure that one out.

I know this old scientist and he pays me to find candidates like you, for his "special" program....... Just let him strap you down and do shit to you, like pump you full of something and shit, he promises to make you like wolverine...... If the Pepsi tastes a bit off, it's because he doesn't get out much.......

Back