What is your favorite vacation experience?

I was drinking with one of my best friends at a bar on a Wednesday night. I don't know what the conversation was but we decided to drive to LA on Friday morning. She picked me up Friday morning. We ended up going to Hollywood. Bar hopped on the strip, had a blast that whole night. Saturday we continued walking around Hollywood, walked past the Comedy Store and Brian Redban was standing outside by himself drinking Starbucks. This was when he was still Rogan's podcast co-host. I told him I love the podcast so he offered to give us tickets to his set at the Comedy Store that night but we were on our way out of Hollywood. From there we did the tourist area/walk of fame. Then we went to Venice beach. Had a blast with no set agenda, just wandering around.

There was that trip the Wife and kids took down to the Gulf Of Mexico for a Week. It was very peaceful here at the house while they were gone.

Ladyb err the beaches in Thailand

For something that stood out that isn't a nice beach or resort....

Feeding grey kangaroos at a redneck wildlife sanctuary in Australia.

We've all seen pictures of them, but it was so fucking surreal, interacting with these fully tame bi-pedal creatures. There weren't any barriers or anything. We just walked into field, and before long were surrounded by these weird mouse-deer-humanoids, politely asking for the treats we bought for them at the centre.

558465916_006987ce81_b.jpg
these kangaroos are cool, I seen plenty on my trips to Austrelia.

Red kangaroos however are fucking huge (up to 9 ft tall) and can actually kill a man. So....don't antagonize a red kangaroo ....steer well clear.

Going to Daytona with a pack of Saabs, crushing my enemies, seeing them driven before me, and hearing the lamentations of their women.

AQeOY9h-YKWgvYgqJWKDhvoH62hXrjobNiyQEX3Gpa8.png

It's a tie.

I took an epic trip all over with my mom just before she died when I was 19 all over the west. We got to talk about life and music and the future and the past. About my dad and our feelings in his passing and we had a super great time. I absolutely cherish the memories from that trip and visit them often

The second I went on a road trip with my wife from Michigan to Florida. I don't know if I've ever been so happy in my life as I was getting to spend hours in the car making her listen to my favorite songs and chatting her ear off. I don't know if I've ever been happier than I was chilling on the beach in st pete with my wife. We came home pregnant and with some plans for the future. Might be the best couple weeks of my life ever to date and I never wanted to leave. We both work a lot and it had been a second since we got to just spend time together with nothing else going on. I did hate everything about Georgia however. No trips perfect.

For our wedding anniversary, my wife and I visited nearby National Parks. So many in and near by Utah that it's wonderful. I would have to say two of my favorite trips were up to Yellowstone and down to Capitol Reef. Both were beautiful and amazing, but two different experiences.

Yellowstone is hands down one of the most amazing places I've been, but so damn crowded. The people can be morons, but the scenery is fantastic. A ranger talk one night had a herd of bison come up on us in the dark, you could feel them getting closer. The night before they had a grizzly casually stroll in on a ranger walk and sit down. That kind of animal proximity is something else. Our second campsite had a pair of bison that stayed nearby and at one point they came up near our firepit while we were sleeping in the truck tent. They woke me up and I just watched them, it was a neat experience. I think that everyone should visit that park, but also sadly that it's too overcrowded sometimes. It is an awe-inspiring place.

Capitol Reef was beautiful in a desert way, and way less crowded than Yellowstone. A much more relaxed atmosphere. They have fruit trees all over the park and you are allowed to pick the fruit if it's in season. Some beautiful hikes and scenery as well. The campsites were not as crowded either and after dark they were quiet and peaceful. It's an underrated small National Park that gets overlooked by Arches and Zion, but like Canyonlands, I think it's worth a day trip if you like desert beauty.

1.) Kennebunkport, Maine for my 30th with my girl and our kids, my parents, my sister and her boyfriend.

Was an awesome time with awesome food, awesome beer, road trips around Maine, etc.

2.) Watkins Glen/Lake Seneca, New York with my girl and our kids, my parents, my sister and her boyfriend.

Went to Niagara Falls then over into Canada, Buffalo for OG wings, winery/distillery/brewery hopped, road trips around the Finger Lakes. Another awesome time.

Maui:
spent the week relaxing enjoying the nature
day drinking in Lahaina and eating good food
jumping off waterfall
hiking in the mountains

was perfect main reason I want to re locate to Hawaii

Macau-Hong Kong:
I don't gamble but me and my buddy just settled down in a cheap hotel on the smaller island near a bar street and we spent about a week just partying eating the local food going to the beach and seeing the sights

then off to Hong Kong where we drank too much and met some South Africans who joined us for the debauchery ended up in the booniesand walked from there back to our hotel seeing all the sights.

Solo hiking in the mountains. The more treacherous, the better.

Back