What is your opinion of the Bridgerweight division? From 200-224 lbs limit

Unnecessary....

Also, you do realize that Wald and AJ could have both cut to 224 without much trouble. Very few heavyweights worth mentioning that couldn't--Fury may be the only one.

Against it. Either fight at HW or lose weight to go down to Cruiser.

It just makes me curious about what exactly is the limit where this no longer works. Like theoretically if you had 1 division for every 3 lbs from 100 lbs to 300 lbs, is there anything stopping that besides that it would make people annoyed? Boxing fans would still watch, there would be more sanctioning fees so theres an incentive.

yeah its a cash grab by the WBC introducing another belt to collect sanctioning fees. If you are a heavyweight from 5'11 to 6'3 tall and took training serious you should only weigh around 210 to 225 anyway. A lot of these guys who weigh more are just bloated dudes who dont like doing roadwork.

Chris Arreola is an example of a guy who just started taking his training serious at age 40 but he even said he wish I started doing cardio years ago and felt as a heavyweight he needed more size to compete and it cost him, he looked great at 228 pounds and lean against Ruiz. I hope more heavyweights realize this, just get in shape do road work get your stamina up an work on technique.

Don't they charge a percentage of a fighters purse to defend the title or something like that? why even bother if your making 20 mllion dollars just to give them percentage. or whatever ridiculous amount to hold the title, imagine now holding all 4 belts and having to pay 100 to 200 thousand or more each every time you defend or hold the title.

It just makes me curious about what exactly is the limit where this no longer works. Like theoretically if you had 1 division for every 3 lbs from 100 lbs to 300 lbs, is there anything stopping that besides that it would make people annoyed? Boxing fans would still watch, there would be more sanctioning fees so theres an incentive.
Im really curious to how they came up with the weigh differences between classes, some of those lowerweights are only separated by a few pounds like you have 118 to 122 wtf?

If the sanctioning bodies would stop trying to ruin the sport, that would be really great.

Im really curious to how they came up with the weigh differences between classes, some of those lowerweights are only separated by a few pounds like you have 118 to 122 wtf?

From minimum to cruiser, the increases per weight class are as follows:

3% / 4% / 3% / 3% / 3% / 3% / 3% / 4% / 4% / 5% / 5% / 4% / 5% / 4% / 14 %

Back