What issues have you changed your mind on due to the War Room?

I used to think people on average werent retarded.

I used to think the War Room was probably bullshit.

Now I'm Convinced.

That counts as a change right?

I used to think the War Room was probably bullshit.

Now I'm Convinced.

That counts as a change right?

Why did you change your nick btw?

Did you think it was bullshit and then became convinced?

I flip flop daily depending on my mood.

Catching up on the thread and noticed the post by @JackVSavage
@Jack V Savage and have to admit that I didn't realize racism in the US was as bad as it is either.

I never fell for a huckster Jack, I made a decision based on the available information, and when that information changed, and Adelson gave Trump 100 million, I responded appropriately.

You have wet dreams about knowing half as much as Dylan Ratigan has forgotten.

Adelson is what got you off the Trump train? I'm not sure I follow that logic.

Haven't been on this forum long enough to be influenced by it but a fair few of my stances changed a bit over the last decade or so. Used to probably be left of centre now I'd be slightly right. I've learned that a lot of the ideologies of the left are good in theory but in reality they don't really hold up. Also most liberals don't like debate, they prefer to shut down anyone who disagrees with them, labelling them racist, homophobic which has turned me right off the left. Bush Jnr being president probably caused me to lean to the left too initially, he was a poor president any way you spin (not that Obama is much if any better).

The War Room turned me into a Trump supporter even though I am liberal on 93.2% of issues

Adelson is what got you off the Trump train? I'm not sure I follow that logic.

The fact that Trump already supported Adelson's agenda = irrelevant. The possibility that Trump might be so grateful for Adelson's support that he'll feel honor-bound to support Adelson's agenda = hugely significant.

People take an OK idea, "check the funding" (applies to anything) and run way too far with it. "Tobacco companies funded that study" is a reason to be skeptical and really double-check the numbers; it's not a reason to dismiss the findings without checking.

I had softened a little on vaccines until I got a DPT recently, and I'm convinced that shit is pure evil.

Not really sherdog but online discussions changed my positions on gun control. I used to not hold really any position on tax policy, spending, debt, etc. but discussions here and debates about evidence led to current positions. I also used to be in the crowd of "that big scary number is really big and scary" vis-a-vis the debt but I'd never really thought about it. Discussing it made it clear that the big scary number isn't necessarily big and scary and that most fears and concerns associated with it are born of the same ignorance as my own. Or quackery, there's a lot of that too.

I've also learned that a lot of people have really, really dumb ideas about what goes on on college campuses.

I'm actually pretty jealous of those of you for whom it was sherdog that opened your eyes regarding the prevalence of racism. I thought that racism was basically something from my parents generation for a long time, then I moved to a different state and was blown away. And disgusted.

I used to be more naïve, and give people the benefit of the doubt, believing they cannot possibly hate others so much for trivial shit. I was dead wrong.

And people really hate white folks. I thought the folks who constantly made my life miserable growing up, who disliked me for just my skin color, were really bad. They have nothing compared to some others on here. Racism is much more prevalent in people's hearts than they show IRL.

Abortion probably is the one political issue I changed on. I was very against, but I loosened up to it in most cases.

Can't really credit it to the war room, per se, but hunting has been discussed enough on the 'dog to deserve some of the credit. Used to not like the idea of hunting, now I love that shit.

I've also learned that a lot of people have really, really dumb ideas about what goes on on college campuses.

I'm actually pretty jealous of those of you for whom it was sherdog that opened your eyes regarding the prevalence of racism. I thought that racism was basically something from my parents generation for a long time, then I moved to a different state and was blown away. And disgusted.

lol of course you feel that way about college campuses.

Do you believe only white people are racist? And that racism will decrease as more non whites flood white countries?

Another thing that the war room has opened my eyes to is the black on white crime (let alone black on black) that is pretty much underreported, misreported and in some cases down right ignored by our media outlets. The is a clear media agenda (I'm not blaming the "liberal media") but there is a glaring bias in terms of how some crimes are reported.

If it wasn't for the War Room I would have never learned about the terrible rape/murder hate crime of Channon/Christian several years ago.

quite possibly the most egregious of any violent hate crime that I can think of...far worse than what happened to Matthew Sheppard or James Byrd in Texas, yet only received a fraction (if that) of the media coverage.

I haven't changed any of my stances, but I've realized that people in different places have different views and beliefs based in their condition and environment.

Abortion.

I was pro-choice, but after seeing the "Baby Parts" video, and the recent "911 - yes we have a fetus that is breathing" video, I'm disgusted by the practice and think it needs to be stopped.

Back