What Khabib did was unacceptable, but his anger is totally justified. Stop making Conor a victim.

CaloLutadores

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It's not the riot after the fight which was the disgrace to a sport. The whole UFC 229 main event with all preparations before it was a shame to the sport of MMA.

To all people who shit on Khabib right now - imagine being in his skin for a moment. You train for a title fight, in the middle of weight cut, and all of a sudden your fight is in danger because of drug-influenced dolly incident, where multiple people get hurt. If MMA had any values, the UFC would never allow Conor to fight again after that. But well, money talks.

Months pass and all of a sudden everyone forgives Conor for criminal offence, hurting people and almost destroying the whole card. Now, you are scheduled to fight him, and the organisation clearly wants you to lose. You see Dana laughing and exchanging high fives with Conor all the time, letting him pose with his belts (which means disrespecting you as a champion) and marketing his whiskey. McGregor and the whole team of his offends your religion, your country, your father, your brother, your manager, and everyone is OK with that - because it's just the marketing, right?

The fight night comes, and even the referee doesn't seem to be fair, letting Conor to grab the fence all the time, even illegally kneeing you in the face. At the end, when you are all pumped up after the win, the Irish are still not being respectful, with Dillon Danis screaming bullshit in your face from Conor's corner.

I don't respect spitting in someone's face, and I don't respect starting riot with your opponents corner. But everyone - including Conor, his team, Dana and the whole UFC, provoked this situation, by disrespecting Khabib in every occasion.

You can't expect everyone to act OK after being insulted so many times. As an fight promoter, you cannot disrespect your champion and show the constant favoritism towards your cash cow, and thinking that it won't blow up in your face at some time.

Being in Khabib's skin, many of you would probably lost his temper in a similar way. The UFC should learn from that, start treating their champions as they deserve and stop letting fighters like Conor act like there are no consequences to what they do. The McGregor shitshow, started since Aldo fight is a disgrace to the sport, and I really hope that it's the time to put an end to it.

The UFC needs to make policy changes. The excessive, very personal, shit talking need to reprimanded. Khabib lost it but, he's not wrong when he said:

"I want to say something, you know, people little bit, not people, I think it is media, media change MMA,” Nurmagomedov said. “This is respect sport. This is not trash-talking sport. This is respect. I told you before, guys, I want to change this game. I don’t want people talk shit about, like, opponents, talk shit about his father, religion. You cannot talk about religion, you cannot talk about nation, guys, you cannot talk about this stuff. For me, this is very important.”

I respect GSP, Rumble, Lawler, Frankie, Jose, these guys let their actions do the talking and sold tickets because of their performance.

Kevin Lee, Tony Fruguson, (I'll add Colby, Till, and Perry as well) and a ton of other solid fighters should take note. Stop following Cheal and Conors path. It's a tired trick.

The UFC should be making these changes or the UFC will continue to be some circus sideshow.

I wanted to vomit after that shitshow of a pre fight press conference. Those kind of antics belong in WWF.

Stirring up this kind of hatred puts many people in danger...and Connor/Artem started it all.

agreed...........Khabib gave the UFC a wakeup call. He walked in there and smashed the Golden Boy and his whole team, from Dana to Artem. Dagestan 1 Crumlin fooooooooooooook all

Yeah obviously you can't condone going into the crowd but at the same time you can understand it.

Folk who literally base their lives round the literal interpretation of a book are going to take things literally. You don't need to condone cause and effect but you need to be aware of it.

The UFC needs to make policy changes. The excessive, very personal, shit talking need to reprimanded. Khabib lost it but, he's not wrong when he said:

"I want to say something, you know, people little bit, not people, I think it is media, media change MMA,” Nurmagomedov said. “This is respect sport. This is not trash-talking sport. This is respect. I told you before, guys, I want to change this game. I don’t want people talk shit about, like, opponents, talk shit about his father, religion. You cannot talk about religion, you cannot talk about nation, guys, you cannot talk about this stuff. For me, this is very important.”

I respect GSP, Rumble, Lawler, Frankie, Jose, these guys let their actions do the talking and sold tickets because of their performance.

Kevin Lee, Tony Fruguson, (I'll add Colby, Till, and Perry as well) and a ton of other solid fighters should take note. Stop following Cheal and Conors path. It's a tired trick.

The UFC should be making these changes or the UFC will continue to be some circus sideshow.

Exactly.

Trash talk is not bad in general. Take the first Conor-Diaz fight for example, the press conference was awesome, fun to watch and you could tell from the beginning that the guys are having fun promoting their fight. But not everyone is a willing partner to dance, and coming to fight with an intention to verbally abuse your opponent on sensitive topics like religion, family, nation etc. does not belong in martial arts and should not be accepted.

Well, it may sell a few more PPV, but from a PR perspective, it makes even more harm. MMA doesn't need to be a freakshow like this.

What happened after the fight was wrong, but I blame Connor, Dana White and the UFC for letting it get out of hand. They were hyping the fight as a "War". Conor was insulting Khabib's family, ethnicity and religion. Conor made it deeply personal and was acting like a bigot with a narcissistic superiority complex, calling Khabib a smelly Dagestani rat. WTF is that? How would you feel if someone called you, your family and/or your people smelly rats?

The UFC and Connor wanted a war, so that's what they got.

This went beyond trash talking, and Connor was getting away with making deeply personal insults to Khabib, his family, his people and his team.

I was a huge fan of both Connor and Khabib, but the build up to this fight was disgusting. Money changed Connor, his ego has gotten out of control and he became a rotten human being that thinks he's better than everybody else.

ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Do4hUZZXkAACnSA.jpg

I don't respect spitting in someone's face, and I don't respect starting riot with your opponents corner. But everyone - including Conor, his team, Dana and the whole UFC, provoked this situation, by disrespecting Khabib in every occasion.

I don't think the Nevada Athletic Commission is going to see it that way. There are rules in sports, and laws in life and Khabib broke those rules.

Yeah obviously you can't condone going into the crowd but at the same time you can understand it.

Folk who literally base their lives round the literal interpretation of a book are going to take things literally. You don't need to condone cause and effect but you need to be aware of it.

It's not the religion man. Well maybe a little bit. But if it was only that I'm sure Khabib can deal with it.

Don't forget Conor also turned up to a press conference with Artem's poop still on his finger.

DGrV1Sll.jpg

Totally haram and Khabib was never going tolerate such disrespect.

It's not the religion man. Well maybe a little bit. But if it was only that I'm sure Khabib can deal with it.

It doesn't matter what the content of his belief is, it's how they believe, everything is taken literally no room for metaphor or analogy.

I was a huge fan of both Connor and Khabib, but the build up to this fight was disgusting. Money changed Connor, his ego has gotten out of control and he became a rotten human being that thinks he's better than everybody else.

Money didn't change Conor, he's always been like that. He called Denis Siver a Nazi. He has made a career out of these types of insults.

It doesn't matter what the content of his belief is, it's how they believe, everything is taken literally no room for metaphor or analogy.

OK that's your opinion but I don't agree with the premise, I don't think religion is the reason why there was so much tensions between Khabib and Conor.

Perfectly said t.s.
You can't on the one hand let fighters like conner get away with all the shit he was doing, including a physical altercation with a ref, throwing foreign objects at press conferences, attacking a bus with a band of hooligans whilst threatening a fighter on board, then claim that the reprisals from the person being attacked and insulted were unwarranted. As khabib said, this is number one bullshit.

OK that's your opinion but I don't agree with the premise, I don't think religion is the reason why there was so much tensions between Khabib and Conor.

Neither do I. You haven't understood or I've failed to adequately communicate my point.

Perfectly said t.s.
You can't on the one hand let fighters like conner get away with all the shit he was doing, including a physical altercation with a ref, throwing foreign objects at press conferences, attacking a bus with a band of hooligans whilst threatening a fighter on board, then claim that the reprisals from the person being attacked and insulted were unwarranted. As khabib said, this is number one bullshit.

Here is the problem with it all man. On the one hand I understand that Conor has been allowed to get away with murder and he's done questionable shit over and over, not just once. On the other hand, its not the UFC or Dana that is going to decide what happens here, the Nevada Athletic Commission is going to decide what happens. They have already withheld Khabib's purse and if he gets a long suspension then he will be stripped of his title. You can't assault people because they say things that make you mad.

Timestamped with Dana talking about it here if you are interested.

Here is the problem with it all man. On the one hand I understand that Conor has been allowed to get away with murder and he's done questionable shit over and over, not just once. On the other hand, its not the UFC or Dana that is going to decide what happens here, the Nevada Athletic Commission is going to decide what happens. They have already withheld Khabib's purse and if he gets a long suspension then he will be stripped of his title. You can't assault people because they say things that make you mad.

Timestamped with Dana talking about it here if you are interested.

That's horse-shit. The ufc has tremendous sway with the athletic commission and could easily have this swept under the rug, just like they did in new york. Their fake moralism and indignation isn't doing their fighter any favours though. It's just another clear example of their double dealing and favouritism towards mcgagger and his cronies.

I get why Khabib did what he did. Running your mouth has consequences. Khabib saved it all for fight night.

Dana White needs to go. MMA is a legit sport and he treats it like WWE and even encourages that stuff. He's not a promoter, he's a ringmaster.

Back