What kind of dog breed do you have?

Purebred German Shepherd.

2fa4e8632629323.jpg

Her name is Tempest.

Beautiful dog! They are really smart animals.

Had a Neopolitan Mastiff, my 145 lb girl was a sweet gem ...I loved her.

I love Neapolitan mastiffs. They are such little wrinkly love balls. That's the next dog I'm looking at getting. No pictures though? What's up with you people just writing down what you had and not posting photos? We came here for cool dog photos.

The mastiff is a very loving dog. All it wants is attention and a nice place to lay down.

That's exactly the type of dogs they are. A butt rub and spot by your feet is all they really want. It's hilarious watching my mastiff back up like a semi to position her butt for rubs. And if I don't rub it, she'll look back at me like WTF? It's too funny

Beautiful dog! They are really smart animals.

I love Neapolitan mastiffs. They are such little wrinkly love balls. That's the next dog I'm looking at getting. No pictures though? What's up with you people just writing down what you had and not posting photos? We came here for cool dog photos.

That's exactly the type of dogs they are. A butt rub and spot by your feet is all they really want. It's hilarious watching my mastiff back up like a semi to position her butt for rubs. And if I don't rub it, she'll look back at me like WTF? It's too funny
Marlowe loves pinning people to wall and forcing them to pet him. Shoulder to hip and walks you to the wall.

I’ve got a pug, got him to appease the wife. Love him more than her lol
1ef3eb38fbf9dff211e730ce55138ff7--funny-pugs-funny-shit.jpg

Pugs look like they would be so much fun... such expressive faces. I've considered one, but get scared off by a few things: health issues, potty training, and having to clean the face wrinkles often seems like it could be a pain in the ass. What have been your experiences with these issues?

Pugs look like they would be so much fun... such expressive faces. I've considered one, but get scared off by a few things: health issues, potty training, and having to clean the face wrinkles often seems like it could be a pain in the ass. What have been your experiences with these issues?
Health issues: he’s not long passed 1 year old.... so far so good.

Potty training.... they are known for being tough to train, we got lucky coz Larry picked it up real quick. They are food driven so treats are a must.

Wrinkly face: we use a baby wipe or warm water on a flannel. Takes like 30 seconds.

They are quality dogs mate.

Last edited:
what's the difference between a whippet and a greyhound? is the whippet just bigger like a schnauzer vs a giant schnauzer?
Whippets are about half the size of greyhounds. I believe they originated from breeding greyhounds with terriers.

Same here. My ex wouldn't let my Pug sleep in the bed at her house, but her 2 Chi's could because they were small. I put up with it for awhile, since we had only been dating a short time and she was good in the said bed. Then she tried to say he had to sleep in the family room because of his snoring. That was the end of her. To this day I feel guilty for selling him out for a piece. On a sidenot he is by far the best dog I've ever owned, personality for days. Although I got him as a rescue when he was 7 and he sometimes goes to the bathroom in the house....probably payback for the ex haha. Never had any health issues other that hotspots a few times, he's 11 now and still active. Here he is at a dog event doing the obstacle course.FB_IMG_1505333348702.jpg

Catahoula curr

Great dog good personality. Very good guard dog sleeps at the door of my sons room to make sure nothing gets in there @ night.

Will lay in the front door hallway guarding the front door during the day if he’s in the house.

Dog before that was a black and brendle pit, was awesome too. Loved that dog.

I have a South African Boerboel and a Rottie. I posted pictures in an older thread, I don't have any pictures on this pc.

I have a Blue Healer, and Husky/Healer mix.

The Blue Healer is normal sized for the breed, and good watch dog, she barks only at night If she sees something. She is pretty smart, not the smartest but follows commands most of the time, and problem solved very well.

The Healer/Husky mixed looks exactly like a very large Husky. He is nearing 90 pounds and looks intimidating as hell. Poor guy is getting old and his temper definitely had changed to the "GET OFF MY LAWN!!!" type. Copper is his name and mainly keeps to himself, except when I call him, then he'll come trotting in full of joy, in the mean time he lays on the deck just looking out for us. Last year I thought we lost him, he was barking very aggressively at midnight and I went outside to see he had a rattlesnake cornered. I promptly called him off and shot the snake. Afterwards i saw he had been bitten on the leg, after vet treatment he still coildnt use the leg for a few months from the nerve damage from the snake. This dog is equivalent to a smoke alarm for my family.

Same here. My ex wouldn't let my Pug sleep in the bed at her house, but her 2 Chi's could because they were small. I put up with it for awhile, since we had only been dating a short time and she was good in the said bed. Then she tried to say he had to sleep in the family room because of his snoring. That was the end of her. To this day I feel guilty for selling him out for a piece. On a sidenot he is by far the best dog I've ever owned, personality for days. Although I got him as a rescue when he was 7 and he sometimes goes to the bathroom in the house....probably payback for the ex haha. Never had any health issues other that hotspots a few times, he's 11 now and still active. Here he is at a dog event doing the obstacle course.View attachment 290905
Pugs before hoes!

Don't have a dog but I'd be getting a Labrador if I did, known a few mates with labs over the years and they're awesome. I'd think about a beagle as well.

A shit eating beagle, dogs are filthy beasts. She's only 12 weeks though. She better grow out of it. I got her to blood trail deer I shoot. If she can't blood trail and eats her shit I will leave her in the forest to eat all the shit she can find.

I currently own 2 Pit mixes and one pure bred AmStaff.

I would like a beagle. They seem like the perfect size/hair length and I like dogs that bay instead of bark. Anyone have good or bad experience with them?

Back