What made prime Rory MacDonald so good?

Noel Wards

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm guessing from what people say about him.

Pretty good wrestling. Not GSP level. But one of the best in the division?

Good BJJ.

Quite good striking. In so far his length, height, and athleticism carried him. And with a real solid jab?

Tell me Sherdoggers. I just started following the sport 6 months ago.

Unreal focus as well. Tyron said something interesting in his last interview.

Something like: "I remember back when i fought Rory and how fight week was. I was so busy shooting the embedded, talk to all the different sponsors and alot of interviews on top of that. Meanwhile Rory was just in his hotel room getting ready for the fight. He didn't let anyone from the outside to come close. That's how i am right now leading up to the Jake Paul fight."

Outside of a pre prime Woodley his best wins were never that great. He beat past prime and undersized Penn, borderline top10 Saffedeine, and Jake Ellenberger who turned out the be a flash in the pan. Never beat a solid top 5 fighter outside of maybe Woodley at the time, but I don't remember where he was ranked.

Last edited:
Unreal focus as well. Tyron said something interesting in his last interview.

Something like: "I remember back when i fought Rory and how fight week was. I was so busy shooting the embedded, talk to all the different sponsors and alot of interviews on top of that. Meanwhile Rory was just in his hotel room getting ready for the fight. He didn't let anyone from the outside to come close. That's how i am right now leading up to the Jake Paul fight."

nkjVUpN.gif

g6_RoA.gif

Jake Bald is gonna made Rory look like Jim Carrey in me myself and Irene

One of the first well rounded fighters who could do everything vs a bunch of one dimensional fighters or fighters who only had one path to victory

Geography. The gravity of how good it was to be at Tri Star for Peak GSP means that for the right guy, the Ridim will drag the improvements out of him. The guys that GSP and Firaz had coming in for his camps was insane.

Woodley face down asleep on the canvas is not going to be a good look for UFC.

Back