What nation has the strongest men?

Measured by Natural strength(No steroids involved). Pound to Pound I would say most of the Caucasus origins, which includes alle the southern Russian States and Georgia. You Find some of the worlds best wrestlers and lifters in this region(Pound to pound).

kavkaz guys actually are not that strong naturally,Its just that their culture is about fighting,Strength wise they are nothing special

Iceland and samoans for natural strength

That being said chechens are pretty much toughest people on the planet and will beat any other nationaliy 8 out of 10 times in a fight

Also necromancer has struck

Vietnam

They have a good track record of kicking superpowers out.

Us Germans tend to be big fellers, I’m 6’2 and not considered really tall.

It’s not often we see many at 5’7 or shorter.

We also have our share of massive fat fucks too.

WellwornIdolizedGrub-size_restricted.gif

P4P it’s Samoans.

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-29_9-0-49.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-29_9-0-49.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 5
Weird Necro. Nevertheless, here's a later post I made putting the marvel that is Iceland into perspective in the SC:
This is ethnicity, not race, and there is one more who is equally as fearsome-- if not more.
  1. Samoans
  2. Icelanders

No nation on earth blows my mind with their genetic athletic potential like Iceland:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Strongest_Man#Most_championships

Their women already dominate the Crossfit Games which is another sport where their overall per capita performance metrics are off the charts:
https://emergefitness.com/blogs/fit/crossfit-games-champions

The motherfuckers even qualified for the World Cup in 2018! With their runts! Know the next smallest nation that qualified? Uruguay who has 3.457m people: over ten times the population of Iceland. Soccer is also a religion there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceland_at_the_FIFA_World_Cup

If they had even a Scandinavian-level Olympic program, much less one as sophisticated as the Yanks, Brits, or Aussies, I have no doubt they would likely be a global force in the Shot Put, Hammer Throw, Javelin Throw, Handball, and-- naturally-- Olympic Lifting.

Just look at all those Icelandic flags in the WSM Top 3. Only we Americans rival them, and I fear to count. This is a nation that in 2017 counted a population of 338,349 people. American cities you might be surprised to learn that have a larger population than their country:
  • Honolulu, HI
  • Wichita, KS
  • Aurora, CO
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Arlington, TX
  • Tampa, FL
  • Virginia Beach, VA
  • Raleigh, NC
  • Mesa, AZ
  • Omaha, NE

Altogether there are 56 American cities with a larger population than Iceland. In fact, let's have fun, and list every California city that has a greater population than Iceland by itself:
  1. Los Angeles, CA
  2. San Diego, CA
  3. San Jose, CA
  4. San Francisco, CA
  5. Fresno, CA
  6. Sacramento, CA
  7. Long Beach, CA
  8. Oakland, CA
  9. Bakersfield, CA
  10. Anaheim, CA
Santa Ana (334K) is virtually identical in size while Riverside (310K), Stockton (310K), Irvine (277K), and Chula Vista (270K) barely miss. I've just listed 15 cities in one state.

They've also had one of the leading rates of tertiary (i.e. postgraduate) degrees among women for the past several decades. If you are ever fortunate enough to meet a cute Icelandic chick who bats her eyes at you...breed with her.

Biggest with strength = Iceland
P4P strength = Gotta say China. Those little Olympic lifters are throwing around some massive weight.

Rates of industrialized workers.

I'm not oblivious to the rising "middle class" first world problems in China. I even watched an hour documentary recently on the "fat camps" that have sprung up in China where parents send their kids to get back down to a socially acceptable weight; because China is retaining the lick of sense to stigmatize obesity that the West is losing. Know what this means? It means you're going to start seeing more large Chinese men. A big part of their stunted growth historically is derived from widespread malnutrition in the rural regions.

Furthermore, everyone in here is throwing around countries with famous strongmen: Iceland is known for powerlifters and strongmen while American Samoa and Tsonga are known for professional NFL linemen. Bulgaria is known for Olympic lifting, so why not China? China is absolutely dominating the lower ranks of weightlifting, now, too. It's not like Iran is known for large men. But they have an obesity problem and a penchant for Olympic lifting, so they have a strong tradition, there.

Otherwise, the USSR and now Russia/Ukraine have dominated the Olympic lifting HW categories for so long it's an insult not to include them alongside countries like Iceland or Samoa.

Really, the point of my post was summed up in my post itself. A diminished manual labor workforce in the USA, along with the rise of smartphone culture, has given rise to the physically weakest generation of Americans in history, and particularly American men: Millennials. This is reflected in their terrible grip strength. Chopping wood, hauling scrap, pulling chain, digging ditches...that stuff builds muscles. Hell, just standing on your feet all day makes a major difference in tracked health metrics.

I'm saying that what the majority of the country is doing for 8 hours of their day at work matters more than what a fraction of the country does for an hour or two at the gym after they get done.

Haha - Not that I disagree with you, but your disdain and constant shitting on millennials is so hilarious.

I do think the Samoans/Pacific Islanders have an edge on the Icelandic folk, because all those strongmen are on massive roids (by necessity of course). The Samoans are straight up just built strong.

Last edited:
People of Northern European, African, or Samoan blood. An argument could be made for Turkic/Persian people because they have some hosses but on average they're little fuzzy manlets.

I saw a real American pick up and body slam a 2400lb giant in front of 93000 strong at the Pontiac silverdome back in 87. Based upon that, it would definitely be Americans.

Pretty sure there's no way of actually measuring this.

Although I have a feeling Iceland might do it. IIRC, they've had a bunch of the World Strongest Men come from there.

Although as the guy above me says, Tonga and Samoa probably have a pretty good shot too
Iceland for sure

They are only 364k there.

World's Strongest Man winners by country

Country
/ Gold / Silver / Bronze / Total
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 12 7 10 29
21px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png
Iceland 9 7 5 21
23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png
Poland 5 5 0 10
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
United Kingdom 5 2 8 15
23px-Flag_of_Lithuania.svg.png
Lithuania 4 7 0 11
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png
Finland 3 3 5 11
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden 1 3 4 8
23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands 1 2 4 7
21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
Norway 1 1 1 3
23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png
Ukraine 1 0 1 2
20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png
Denmark 0 2 0 2
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada 0 1 1 2
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
South Africa 0 1 1 2
23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png
Austria 0 1 0 1
23px-Flag_of_Latvia.svg.png
Latvia 0 0 1 1
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia 0 0 1 1

So US...but I'd give it to Iceland based on the size of the population.
How many of the US wins when talking ethniticity to speak should be Austria because they are Arnold’s?? I bet a bunch.

I’ll throw a sleeper pick up and go with Poland.

Every Polish kid I knew growing up was over 6’0 tall, had a six pack since they were about 12 and were freak athletes and fast as fuck.

USA should not be forgotten. Just take the NFL. O and D Lineman, and LBs are huge and strong. Avg 260-320lbs. Throw in 3-400 D1 college teams, that’s a ton of beast mode dudes. And these are ATHLETES that train.

I'm sure something like this has been posted before but Samoans are beasts

I’ll throw a sleeper pick up and go with Poland.

Every Polish kid I knew growing up was over 6’0 tall, had a six pack since they were about 12 and were freak athletes and fast as fuck.

If we're thinking outside the box, it's hard to beat the old Yugoslavia in sporting achievements. If they were still a single country, they'd be an absolute force in soccer. Tiny and poor Croatia alone made the World Cup semifinal in 1998 and the final in 2018.

And even though basketball is a very, very distant #2 sport, they still produced a future Hall of Famer in Luka Doncic, and a perennial All-Star in Nikola Jokic. Along with a bunch of other pretty decent players like Goran Dragic.

And all this from a pretty impoverished and not very populous area.

Back