What no one is talking about with C.B. Dollaway

DeformedGravy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I remember at the end of Dollaway's fight with Herman he seemed really out of it, like he was concussed pretty badly. He didn't even seem happy he won, it was a fairly boring and grinding fight but he did take some hard punches and had that 1000 yard stare even after the scores were read.

Rewind another fight back and he gets KTFO by an extremely washed up Marquardt.

He has other T(KO) losses previously in his career (Machida/Munoz/Hamman).

Now he gets blasted by Lombard and is unable (some of you may say unwilling) to answer the bell for the next round.

I was never a fan of old fart face but I'm always bummed to see long time UFC fighters hang them up. I'm getting the vibe that Dollaway is just about done.

Anyone else feeling like Dollaway is possibly developing CTE?

Hope he's okay, I'll never forget the Mayweather-esque shoulder roll he used against Ferreira.

He was faking. Celebrated his big win in style last night. No big deal. Wiedman style only he got the W

I remember at the end of Dollaway's fight with Herman he seemed really out of it, like he was concussed pretty badly. He didn't even seem happy he won, it was a fairly boring and grinding fight but he did take some hard punches and had that 1000 yard stare even after the scores were read.

Rewind another fight back and he gets KTFO by an extremely washed up Marquardt.

He has other T(KO) losses previously in his career (Machida/Munoz/Hamman).

Now he gets blasted by Lombard and is unable (some of you may say unwilling) to answer the bell for the next round.

I was never a fan of old fart face but I'm always bummed to see long time UFC fighters hang them up. I'm getting the vibe that Dollaway is just about done.

Anyone else feeling like Dollaway is possibly developing CTE?

We have been talking about it.

The consensus is that he should stop fighting and consider acting.

He's had some vicious KOs. His striking is solid but he's never done much but use his wrestling.

Sad watching Mike Pyle go out like that, but it's the fight game. Dollaway could be on a similar path.

Seemed okay when complaining against the ref "I thought you said time"
1 min later he suddenly forgot what happened lol

He was faking. Celebrated his big win in style last night. No big deal. Wiedman style only he got the W

We have been talking about it.

The consensus is that he should stop fighting and consider acting.

Did either of you see the Herman fight? I already stated some might think he was acting post Lombard but my point is this goes back further.

I was believing his story up until I saw him repeating 'What happened?' on the stretcher.

Seemed okay when complaining against the ref "I thought you said time"
1 min later he suddenly forgot what happened lol
Again, he seemed visibly out of it after he fought Herman in a fight he won.

I was believing his story up until I saw him repeating 'What happened?' on the stretcher.
Ok, so he was fine. But after the Herman fight...

Ok, so he was fine. But after the Herman fight...

I agree that he's taking a good bit of damage during his career. It's a real shame, too, because he was on a pretty good run before the judges robbed him in the Tim Boetsch fight.

I agree that he's taking a good bit of damage during his career. It's a real shame, too, because he was on a pretty good run before the judges robbed him in the Tim Boetsch fight.
I think the damage has finally caught up to him. He has been in the UFC awhile. I thought he won the Boetsch fight as well.

He was fine this fight though just got knocked down and saw he could win the easy way by faking it
He didn't look visibly out of it during the first round IMO, looked pretty good tbh
For what its worth his brain was already damaged at birth so a bit more damage wouldn't make much of a difference

He was fine this fight though just got knocked down and saw he could win the easy way by faking it
He didn't look visibly out of it during the first round IMO, looked pretty good tbh
For what its worth his brain was already damaged at birth so a bit more damage wouldn't make much of a difference
Visibly out of it after fighting Herman.

Of course he was fine until he got hit clean.

The casualness at which this was said me laugh laugh pretty hard.
cb-dollaway-c6649b6f50adeac7.jpg

Back