what no one seems to be talking about

bjdiaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is Rafael Cordeiro the guy just doesn't get enough credit around here. Very under rated coach, the guy has been around forever and has coached from 2 different eras in 2 different gyms to the top of their divisions.

No one and I mean no one could've told me that dos anjos would be lightweight champ after losing to Stephens and guida. And no one could've convinced me that vai cavalo had a chance at beating Cain. The guy is an absolute genius, last night before the main event it hit me that I had the same certainty in this fight that I did in the pettis/dos anjos fight and remembered how that turned out and I knew Cain was in for a tough fight and that I had really been underestimating werdum. He turned these 2 grapplers into world beaters on the feet big ups to rafi cordeiro

Just wait until Beneil Dariush submits Michael Johnson...

I've seen plenty of posters praise him and threads with that topic. Codeiro did a great job with those guys. Both Werdum and RDA had great streaks going and came in incredibly well prepared. Definitely coach of the year imo.

surprised i didnt see much of this either - we're at the phase where we debate why the ex champ lost - but i think soon as reality sets in, we'll hear more about cordeiro and his success

I feel like a lot of people are talking about this...

Agreed, Cordeiro needs to get major props now more than ever.

surprised i didnt see much of this either - we're at the phase where we debate why the ex champ lost - but i think soon as reality sets in, we'll hear more about cordeiro and his success

This. Cain and Pettis are my 2 favorite fighters but you have to give credit where credit is due. All I'm seeing is threads about why Cain lost, he lost because werdum was the better fighter and fought a perfect fight. Cordeiro had a perfect gameplan and werdum executed it perfectly. Werdum took cains best shots without even flinching and just poured it on him after that

I feel like a lot of people are talking about this...

I went through the first 3 pages and couldn't find anything talking about Cordeiro, my bad if there's a lot of topics on this.

But the guy had pele, shogun, ninja and wand during the PRIDE VS UFC era. When chute boxe and MFS were the 2 main camps and now he's at kings doing it again in a different era.

While people are definitely talking about this already, I agree that he deserves a lot of credit. He's done great things with a lot of amazing fighters.

My favourite moment during the post fight sequence was watching how happy Werdum's whole time was with the victory. You could tell there is a lot of love in that camp.

This. Cain and Pettis are my 2 favorite fighters but you have to give credit where credit is due. All I'm seeing is threads about why Cain lost, he lost because werdum was the better fighter and fought a perfect fight. Cordeiro had a perfect gameplan and werdum executed it perfectly. Werdum took cains best shots without even flinching and just poured it on him after that

i agree with all of this, including pettis and cain being two of my fav fighters

its pretty natural i think, given how big of a favorite cain was for the focus to be on why cain lost instead of why werdum won for a while - he was like a -500 favorite and looked very slow in the fight, so there def is material

i agree with all of this, including pettis and cain being two of my fav fighters

its pretty natural i think, given how big of a favorite cain was for the focus to be on why cain lost instead of why werdum won for a while - he was like a -500 favorite and looked very slow in the fight, so there def is material

I was contemplating putting money on werdum right before the start of the fight just because the odds were so good. He was something like +440 I almost pulled the trigger especially after hitting 2 bets on Alvarez but I couldn't bring myself to bet against Cain lol

Back