What now? Reschedule? Book Ortega a fight? Elkins is booked for the following week. Maybe him?

Do that and the POV sales tank
Either way the sales are going to take a hit. DJ being on the co-main of 227 isn’t really going to draw in a lot of eyes. Max being on 228 isn’t going to bring in the guys either.

Max has pulled out of 3 signed bouts this year, 2 of which are title fights and 100% his fault.

He needs to be stripped. Ortega deserves to fight for the belt against whomever.

I dont think Frankie will do it this late, and it wouldnt make sense because he just lost to Ortega anyway.

Maybe Elkins because he is fighting soon anyway and was begging for a big fight.

It sucks so much we lost another big fight so close to the fight. I dont know if this will be fixable, concussion symptoms are what ended the careers of TJ Grant and Chris Holdsworth.

Fight Katona. His opponent lost this season already anyways. Give his opponent a contract, crown Katona and throw him in the deep end.

UFC-209-Darren-Elkins-Octagon-Interview_622870_OpenGraphImage.jpg

darren-elkins-ufc-fight-night-124-2.jpg
giphy.gif

my girlfriend is a children’s librarian and she’s distraught just like the rest of us

this fight needed to happen.

I’m honestly gonna sell my fight helmet and never watch an event again

beans

Giving Ortega a new opponent (provided he would even accept one) would be short sighted.

Just move the fight to 227 or 228, whenever Max is feeling healthy enough. Holloway vs Ortega is a great fight we deserve to see.

Kitaoka

Hellboy

y’know- somebody relevant

Either way the sales are going to take a hit. DJ being on the co-main of 227 isn’t really going to draw in a lot of eyes. Max being on 228 isn’t going to bring in the guys either.

Max is very well known, dude brings the whole of Hawaii and those of Samoan blood with him.

Dj is notorious for killing cards but you think putting him on the biggest card (so far) this year is going to help?

Rematch with Edgar. He said he was staying ready to be a replacement.

Fight Katona. His opponent lost this season already anyways. Give his opponent a contract, crown Katona and throw him in the deep end.

I don't give a fuck that he lost the first time on the show, tonight's fight against DIamond redeemed him.

If Elkins gets to fight Ortega and wins, I will tattoo “THE DAMAGE, JR.” on my ass cheeks

Max is very well known, dude brings the whole of Hawaii and those of Samoan blood with him.

Dj is notorious for killing cards but you think putting him on the biggest card (so far) this year is going to help?
Are you getting 226 and 227 mixed up? 227 isn’t the biggest card of the year. 227 is the Staples Center card.

Jeremy Stephens is the obvious choice.. whats up with him anyways? Anything booked?

Jeremy Stephens is the obvious choice.. whats up with him anyways? Anything booked?

He’s fighting on the 28th. Elkins is the closest ranked fighter and he’s fighting next weekend. It should be him.

Really? He’s fighting Aldo at the end of the month.
Shit man. Of course. To be honest I thought this fight had already happened and I thought Stephens decisioned him. This fights in Calgary yeah? On the 28th, right.

He’s fighting on the 28th. Elkins is the closest ranked fighter and he’s fighting next weekend. It should be him.
Yeah, you know, elkins deserves it but I would rather see Stephens get the shot and lets Elkins fight aldo in Calgary. Thats what I hope happens.

Yeah, you know, elkins deserves it but I would rather see Stephens get the shot and lets Elkins fight aldo in Calgary. Thats what I hope happens.

I don’t think Stephens would have a chance to make weight this far out. Elkins might.

Back