What should Francis Ngannou do next?

What should Francis Ngannou do next?

• Total voters
firstly negotiate a 10 million purse fighting for the pfl HW championship
claim your still the baddest man on the planet
then retire
Untitled2.png

Hence him probably not coming back to fight for PFL.

Why wouldn't he? You think he's going to retire? Conor made the biggest money of his career against Floyd and still came back and fought in MMA.

Jake paul should go up in weight and fight Nganonnou

Why wouldn't he? You think he's going to retire? Conor made the biggest money of his career against Floyd and still came back and fought in MMA.
Conor's a great example of why it's a terrible idea. A somewhat competitive late standing TKO was probably the best case scenario for him to come back without being badly devalued, and instead he semi retired at 28, came back with 0 focus and fought 4 times in 7 years and lost 3 of them, and has had more arrests than fights since then.

Francis is in a really bad position. I think that was the end of his boxing career but he'll probably still find success in MMA so he should stick to that. Fight out his stupid PFL contract and get back to the UFC.

Why the fuck is everyone telling him to retire? The guy gets knocked out one time in his entire fighting career and suddenly he should hang it up? He should go to the PFL and actually fight where he signed a deal to first off. Then he can do whatever he wants.
Because you aren't allowed to lose, don't you know? as soon as you lose it's time to hang them up and you're washed.

Jon Jones or retire.

His chin has likely been cracked now and hes 37. If he stays in boxing its probably not gonna go well for him, and even in MMA with his chin compromised and him being old and rusty he could start losing there too, so only the Jones fight is really worth it.
Jones isn't going to play around trading with him. He learned his lesson messing with Machida and Gus. Jones via RNC

You left out the option of being mocked relentlessly for all time thinking you were a top 10 boxer.

It probably depends on how he is feeling. He might take another big payday to lose in boxing and call it a day. If he wins then he gets another payday. If he loses in MMA for way less then all his boxing matches are finished.

even Conor who we all say he quit when got rich came back to take more beatings
yeah and Conor lost 3 out of 4 fights and broke his leg...

Thanks for proving my point that retirement would be better.
<BC1>

I doubt his ego will let him just retire. He can probably fight the PFL 6'8 champ and if he wins that he can pursue a Wilder fight who is in the downturn of his carreer.

Probably wont sniff another fight with Fury or Joshua ever again, unless Fury wants to avenge his "loss" and knock him out.

Conor's a great example of why it's a terrible idea. A somewhat competitive late standing TKO was probably the best case scenario for him to come back without being badly devalued, and instead he semi retired at 28, came back with 0 focus and fought 4 times in 7 years and lost 3 of them, and has had more arrests than fights since then.

Conor wasn't the best fighter in the world, he jumped up to win the lightweight title against a stylistically good matchup. If he had stayed in MMA he would have lost to Khabib regardless and not gotten the massive Floyd payday. I don't see how any amount of focus leads to him beating Khabib. The guy is just better.

Ngannou is not only probably the best heavyweight in the world but he's fighting in a much weaker division now. Unless his chin is cracked he shouldn't have any issues fighting in the PFL.

Is the PFL belt even worth it?

Fight Fury again? Or Wilder?

Beat a can in boxing to feel good about yourself?

Take the money and run Frank!

He needs to retire.

He's to old to rebuild, and there's nothing left for him to do than to get KTFO in MMA to.

PFL
I want to see the fight vs Henan
But he needs to rest that chin for a while first

Stay in your lane (MMA)

PFL and continue in mma. He's had his fun in boxing.

Personally would like to see him back in mma. But for him, the best decision is wherever the money is. I doubt he can get as big of a boxing fight after that, but if he can make more from another boxing match, that’s the way to go.

Just reportedly made 30 mil between the fury and Joshua boxing matches. He was just devastatingly knocked out and looked like a novice against Joshua. I don't think 37 is old for HW in MMA or boxing but unless Ngannou wants to seriously go back to MMA I don't want to watch Ngannou get wrecked by top boxing competition. I think Andy Ruiz would decapitate Ngannou. And I don't think Ngannou wants to take MMA seriously anymore.

So imo the only real option is retirement.

Boxing is about paycheck, if there is another opportunity, he should take it. Then win lose or draw, he gotta go back to MMA.

Back