What should I take in between two back to back training sessions?

teamventure09

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hey, I might start trying two training sessions back to back, one grappling followed by muay thai, they are each an hour and a half so three hours total what should I drink in between those sessions?
Should I replenish both electrolytes and glycogen? Maybe have a chocolate milk and an electrolyte drink?

From what I've read it's easier to replenish glycogen stores when you eat or drink something sweet that contains both glucose and fructose(basically a table sugar equivalent) and a little caffeine. You can take dextrose but if you piggyback that on some fructose it seems your body absorbs it quicker. So something like honey would do the trick pretty well if you don't want to eat any fruit.

I'd probably drink some green tea sweetened with honey and an electrolyte supplement. LMNT is great but pricey. I bet you could find something just as good that costs less.

From what I've read it's easier to replenish glycogen stores when you eat or drink something sweet that contains both glucose and fructose(basically a table sugar equivalent) and a little caffeine. You can take dextrose but if you piggyback that on some fructose it seems your body absorbs it quicker. So something like honey would do the trick pretty well if you don't want to eat any fruit.

I'd probably drink some green tea sweetened with honey and an electrolyte supplement. LMNT is great but pricey. I bet you could find something just as good that costs less.

Thanks for all that info man. I'll look into it.

I think I'll drink electrolytes and water in between sessions and chocolate milk after.

-Caffeine(w/ or w/o Aspirin)
-Beta Alanine
-Whey protein (shake)
-Electrolyte Caloric Drink
-Melatonin (helps recycle NADH)
-Micronized Creatine
-D-Ribose

Hey, I might start trying two training sessions back to back, one grappling followed by muay thai, they are each an hour and a half so three hours total what should I drink in between those sessions?
Should I replenish both electrolytes and glycogen? Maybe have a chocolate milk and an electrolyte drink?

Aqua.

Water. Maybe a self made fruit juice that is 100% fruit vegetables. Not store bought they are heated up and lose a lot of nutrition.

Stay away from sups they are just money makers for thst industry. Stick to natural food. Natural food has all you need and can be absorbed better.

Just a quick drink of liquid iv if you must.

-Caffeine(w/ or w/o Aspirin)
-Beta Alanine
-Whey protein (shake)
-Electrolyte Caloric Drink
-Melatonin (helps recycle NADH)
-Micronized Creatine
-D-Ribose
Hahah I’d be so dehydrated

Just a quick drink of liquid iv if you must.

Hahah I’d be so dehydrated

I am not proposing taking all of that, only things that 'could' be considered.

Also not sure why you'd necessarily be dehydrated from those things. I also included an 'electrolyte caloric drink' in my list which you could take to avoid dehydration.

I am not proposing taking all of that, only things that 'could' be considered.

Also not sure why you'd necessarily be dehydrated from those things. I also included an 'electrolyte caloric drink' in my list which you could take to avoid dehydration.
Too much supplement powders leave me dehydrated. Regardless of how much electrolytes I have. It’s more of a water needing to filter the powders through the kidneys thing. I take a lot of supplements, some of which you mentioned, but I have to drink like 2 gallons a day at a body weight of 150 lol

Just drink highly mineral water which has a lot of magnesium. You could also perhaps have a bite of banana or energy bar in between if you feel you need some sugar or some energy, or a piece of dark chocolate of 80-95% cacao.

Also forgot to mention water with apple vinegar mixed in(a tablespoon or two).

Back