What sport would you have gone pro in if you hadn’t got injured?

Official

OT Newcomer of the Year 2017 Nominee
@Green
Reaction score
If I didn’t get a very serious ankle sprain in 9th grade I probably would’ve went on to Rush for over 15,000 yards (career) for the fuckin Browns

Probably not pro, but I always wanted to be a hockey player.

I also broke my leg playing American Football. Was pretty good defender, but that ended my pursuit in that field. Although I don't think I would've ever went pro though.

I was a pro basketball player but didn't get much playing time and the money sucked so I quit.
6'4" and could do a bunch of dunks but still wasn't quite quick enough or tall enough to go anywhere further. Had a couple of american imports on my team and they were just a different level and I couldn't do shit against them

Shuffleboard, the bar game not the 55+ Cruise ship game.

2ec6t5m4cw481.jpg

I wanted to play for the Knicks because of MSG (this was in the 90s when they were a good franchise).

Team handball I wanted to be pro and football but just was not good or determined enough

I would have walked on and earned a major supporting role for the 1998 Bulls at 18... but that damn ingrown toenail injury in the 3rd grade. :(

Baseball... met with a college scout in my sophomore year of HS. Junior year my parents moved me back to my hometown, them fuckers didn't even have a baseball team... that was my only shot at being a pro athlete.

Baseball, I played in Venezuela with future all stars like Elvis Andrus and Kung Fu panda himself.

It was for sure the closet I came to going pro

Sports are only with ball and goal. Baseball nfl nba are not sports but team handball soccer water polo are sports whole goal line is not way to score but only that small goal unlike sports like nfl and mlb

If I didn’t get a very serious ankle sprain in 9th grade I probably would’ve went on to Rush for over 15,000 yards (career) for the fuckin Browns
Basketball, I could play it all day every day and never get bored. I played on teams from 6 years old to early 20s. I played at parks & gyms constantly until around 30.

Baseball I also loved and played on teams until my early 20s. Then I just played in softball leagues in my 20s & 30s

I was never good enough at a sport to even dream of going pro but if I had to pick one I'd say probably tae kwon do. I loved it and was progressing faster than any student they've ever had. Maybe I would've been an alternate for the Olympics just in case Chris Penn's knees gave out.

Back