What unusual machine did you buy and use often?

Not this model, but a couple months after I proposed to my wife (2010) I got her a jewelry steaming machine to clean her engagement ring and other diamond jewelry. I would clean her ring almost every weekend to optimize the bling especially since I got her a nice rock. This was basically the finishing touch after cleaning. We still have it, but I can't remember the last time I used it. Maybe a year ago and possibly no more than a dozen times over the past 7-8 years. I know it's lame, but it works especially if you have an ultrasonic cleaner to use first. LMAO!
202685-p1.jpg
Thought this was a hybrid toaster/coffee maker

I've always wanted one of those but I just couldn't justify the expense. Especially for the area where I live. So I got TW200 instead. Kind of cross between a rokon and a normal dirt bike.

If I ever move to the mountains I'm definitely getting a rokon though. That thing looks awesome.
How’s the T-dub? I’ve always wanted one just as general all purpose bike to cruise around property

I bought a pressure deep fryer and used it pretty often til it started tripping my 20A breaker. Turns out it was drawing more amps then it was listed, and more amps then the power cord was rated for. Luckily i payed for a 2 year warranty through amazon and they had to refund my money, but i did take a 20% restocking fee which was $200 loss, but it was fun while it lasted ( almost a year )

Link please ?
This is the exact one I have. Get some small metal bearings too. Realizing I have never shared an amazon product, and it is insanely stupid how it is. Anywho. Here is a pic. 30 bucks
Though for paints, it is definitely not getting mixed in 3 seconds like it says. Even with ball bearings in your paint. Takes around 30 seconds or so for a real nice mix. If the paints are around 60ml or so.
1713904039948.png

Last edited:
did it for a while, got too lazy, costco grinder once every two weeks give or take.
I do miss the convenience sometimes of just setting the drip maker the night before and walking into the kitchen first thing, still in zombie mode, for a cup. The added 10-15 minutes of grinding then French press or Stovetop method is hassle but worth it for me

I do miss the convenience sometimes of just setting the drip maker the night before and walking into the kitchen first thing, still in zombie mode, for a cup. The added 10-15 minutes of grinding then French press or Stovetop method is hassle but worth it for me
espresso machine or bust :)

How’s the T-dub? I’ve always wanted one just as general all purpose bike to cruise around property
It's great. I love it.

If you want to do motocross or trials things like hopping logs or getting big air, then it's the wrong bike.

But if you just enjoy exploring then it's a blast. It handles different terrain well because of the fat tires and also goes fast enough for the street if you need to travel from trail to trail on a paved road.

I'm an old man now so it's plenty fast enough for me.

Yamaha_TW200_Dual_Sport_Motorcycle

I've always wanted one of those but I just couldn't justify the expense. Especially for the area where I live. So I got TW200 instead. Kind of cross between a rokon and a normal dirt bike.

If I ever move to the mountains I'm definitely getting a rokon though. That thing looks awesome.
I had a rokon and I sold it years ago and then I got a tw200 recently but I sold it cuz it made me crave my rockon so I bought one. I just prefer having no gears at all and the rokon doesn't have any gears. It's a CVT so it's just stress-free. You never have to worry about what gear you're in or finding the right RPMs it makes things a lot simpler for really technical difficult riding.

But dude there's a company called Bradley. If you type in Bradley and TW200 on the internet, there's a company that makes all kinds of aftermarket parts for the tw200.

One of the things you can do is get an aluminum fat tire kit for the back tire so you can put an ATV tire on the back of that thing which makes it WAY more capable and then they've got sprockets that are bigger for the rear sprocket I got a 62 tooth rear sprocket put on that thing and it is an absolute billy goat after that. But even after doing that, it's still faster than the rokon was. So if you use dirt roads in between trails, it's still an amazing choice.

Just an option if you're looking for something a little more capable and also if you want to be able to crawl over stuff a little slower. The other benefit that I didn't expect is how much softer the ride was after putting on that ATV tire. It was just amazing.

Last edited:
Back