What was the 1st mma fight you watched

Let me ask you guys. The original UFC was a fairly different sport. Did the introduction of the unified rules lessen your enjoyment?

Go back and watch a few early shows. While I loved some of it - I far prefer the streamlined version (well sans a few stupid rules....that's another thread)...

Oh and as far as the TS goes whoever opened UFC 1... Gerald the foot dude?

Go back and watch a few early shows. While I loved some of it - I far prefer the streamlined version (well sans a few stupid rules....that's another thread)...

Oh and as far as the TS goes whoever opened UFC 1...
2 different shows really. For me personally the early UFCs weren't something I took seriously...a fun side gimmick something similar to early BKFC events. 2001ish+ MMA was more of a serious sport. It wasn't until around Tito whooped on Ken the first time for me as when I started watching the sport regularly and caring about the technical things. Though this is also because it was extremely hard to find any content in my country at the time...the first thing I ever seen was one of Ken's VHS from the mid 90's idk which one it was now its long gone...

Edit: Ahh found it on google lol...
s-l1600.jpg

But yeah up until UFC 40 you couldn't even watch MMA live here you had to order in videos or pick them up from video stores months later.

2 different shows really. For me personally the early UFCs weren't something I took seriously...a fun side gimmick something similar to early BKFC events. 2001ish+ MMA was more of a serious sport.

Without a doubt!

<RomeroSalute>

Scott Norris vs Pat Smith, I believe..

I thought Norris was going to destroy everyone..

Tito Ortiz vs Evan Taner probably, years before that someone brought a VHS tape to my high school of what i now believe it was one of the first UFC events, there was this wrestler guy kneeing the shit out of some judo/TKD/Karate guy on the ground, nasty shit, at the time i had no idea that was the UFC.

Found it, it was UFC 5 Taktarov vs Severn.

In person, was filho vs silva 1996 November if I remember correctly. Fights in the crowd etc.

Keith Hackney vs Emanuel Yarbrough
Just came on here to say this. Had a friend of mine whose parents had a drinking problem and owned a descrambler box. Had a sleepover and he was excited as hell to show me this. We scoured the guide channel looking for new releases and Pancrase all the time. Was like 12 at the time and we did sleepovers whenever the events were on. Got smashed on Black Velvet and smoked some cigs. Good times.

Probably some Shamrock or Tank Abbot match when I was 10

I think faber vs pulver?
Vs (when that was a thing) used to show wec fights all the time
Remember watching faber get annihilated shortly thereafter against Mike brown and being so shocked lol

Nick Diaz vs. Drew Fickett

I was a kid who had been taking BJJ classes and had no idea the sport of MMA even existed. I stumbled upon it on Spike TV while flipping through channels.

anderson silva vs. chris leben. caught it on a spike rerun mid-2006 when i was in a group home for boys <Lmaoo> ended up getting home passes later that year and renting every ufc dvd i could from hollywood video

Back