What was the deal with Handcuff man?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So I have read so many information on serial killers and why they do what they do but handcuff man is not one....

What he would do is evil but he never killed....

For two decades, a man operating variously in Atlanta, Georgia and Tampa, Florida, preyed upon gay male prostitutes and men he apparently thought were prostitutes. The attacks are believed to have started in 1968.

A hustler would meet a dark-haired, thin, bespectacled John with bushy eyebrows. Sometimes he would be in an expensive suit; other times he would be casually attired in jeans and T-shirt. Sometimes he wore a mustache or beard. If he was shaven, he always seemed to have a heavy five o’clock shadow.

The John paid the prostitute merely to take a drink of vodka, which must have seemed like an unusually easy way to earn a few dollars. Sometimes the well-spoken man told the prostitute that a study was being conducted on the effects of drinking a certain amount of alcohol and asked him to take part in this “research” for $50 or $100. Whatever the ruse, the drink was spiked and the prostitute quickly lost consciousness.

He awoke to a horror. Often he found himself handcuffed and burned on his genitals or legs. Sometimes the attacker put cigarettes out on the victim, other times flammable liquids.

Victims were reluctant to press charges. After all, they were prostitutes and didn’t want to draw attention to their profession or homosexuality. Often troubled men “on the margins” to begin with, they were left to cope with the psychological and physical devastation of these horrendous attacks without even the small compensation of justice being done.

pics:

bennett000.jpg

http://murderpedia.org/male.B/b/bennett-robert-lee.htm

How in the hell did you stumble across this?

How in the hell did you stumble across this?

I was watching a video called true scary stories, its the type of video that people either submit their story to the channel or the channel asks permission from letsnotmeet part of the reddit. In this video a person describes a really terrifying hitchhiking experience and later he found out that the person he encountered was handcuff man:

I was watching a video called true scary stories, its the type of video that people either submit their story to the channel or the channel asks permission from letsnotmeet part of the reddit. In this video a person describes a really terrifying hitchhiking experience and later he found out that the person he encountered was handcuff man:

Crazy stuff, always be weary of drinks from strangers, make sure you watch what is being poured for you

Crazy stuff, always be weary of drinks from strangers, make sure you watch what is being poured for you

That's true, in this guys personal story, he was getting a ride from Robert Benett AKA Handcuff man and while driving in the middle of the road, he offered the passenger some special vodka, he said he would stop the car and mix one for him from the back of his trunk. The guy declined his offer and that was a good call.

Other then that, this dude would ask male prostitutes to offer his special vodka by offering them 50 bucks, once they were spiked, he would handcuff them and burn them or their private parts.

I am surprised no one made a movie or any documentary about this guy...

i would handle it by not being a gay prostitute

i would handle it by not being a gay prostitute

The person explaining his possible encounter in the video explained that he was not gay. He was hitchhiking and got picked up by handcuff man who was asking very personal question and tried to get him to drink his spiked vodka. The person also let handcuff man know he was not gay and that he was in to chicks and not dicks.

But did the victims' buttholes hurt after they woke up?

So he never actually killed anyone?

Edit: Nm just reread

I protect myself from spiked drinks by being a sociopathic, ugly recluse.

There hasnt been too many times a creepy middle aged man handed me a free glass of vodka.

Reminds me of the time I was walking home late from a concert. A guy stopped to ask me directions and then offered me a ride. I told him I was only a few blocks from home, but thanks. Later in my drunken state it occurred to me the guy was gay and/or some serial killer. :eek: At the time I thought he was just being nice since I helped him out with the directions. :oops:

Back