Rewatch What was the worst destruction of a champion ever?

The Cain/JDS prime era was such a good era for HW. But Cain had a dreadful performance against Werdum at UFC 188. JDS KOed him a few fights earlier but apart from that he was a force of destruction against all comers, and he looked like garbage against Fabricio.
Sea level cain was born that day

My contributions: TJ vs Barao 1, and RDA vs Pettis. Two completely unexpected massive upsets where the champ got dominated.

It's crazy how Jones is such a remorseless killer in the cage, but a true holy Saint outside the Octagon
Of course, it only makes sense; his role model is Jesus. Jesus was the same way- he is both a fierce warrior (Revelations at the earth's end) and in his first trip to earth a gentle and loving healer.

Jesus will be just like Jones in the Octagon when he comes back to earth next time:

Revelation 19:11-21. This passage describes Jesus Christ's return as a triumphant king and warrior, coming to defeat the forces of evil. In these verses, Jesus is depicted riding a white horse and is called Faithful and True. He judges and wages war in righteousness. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven follow him, also riding white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

Out of Jesus' mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh, he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Amanda Nunes completely wrecking Tate in like 3 minutes. Knocked her down, gave her the blood mask, and choked her out in a bit over half a round. I don't know if Meisha even got a single punch in.

Last edited:

I just got around to watching Topura vs Volkanovski and it was completely one-sided, short, and most people are now saying Volk is done. He is now 1-3 in his last 4, albeit against top opponents. What was the worst attempt at a belt defence, where the champion had absolutely nothing for the challenger?

I'm going to have to go with Rousey - Holm (UFC 195, 2/1/2016). This was a shocking upset against a seemingly invincible champion and heavy favourite, which took Ronda to the brink of suicide and all but ended her career. Holly stifled Ronda's grappling with ease and humiliated her on the feet, knocking her out cold in the second round.

_xLCZZ.gif

Come on, what fight were you watching?? Volk won the first round, he then got KO'd after. That was not one sided at all.

You wanna throw in a one sided beat down then you go Jones/Shogun or Silva/Franklin

As far as one sided beatings that "weren't supposed to happen that way: JBJ beating Shogun for 2.5 rounds.

We all knew about Anderson before he fought Franklin.

Holly's was up there, too; although the fact that she was at Jackson's with their great game planning it became apparent fairly quick that the champ was going to have a tough time.

I was on the edge of my seat until I saw that Alvarez was going to stand and circle right against Conor. I remember saying out loud to the group that it's only a matter of time.

TJ was super impressive against Barao who always seemed like he was in the fight even though he was getting beaten to the punch for 4 (+?) rounds.

JJ was uncrowned before her shot at Cookie Monster.

Nunes came in and winged big punches with zero defense against the scariest woman in the sport and gave zero Fs about getting hit.

Usman and RDA made TWood and Pettis look like regional fighters.

Nunes systematic three minute beatdown of Tate was pretty nasty.

Still gotta go with JBJ beating Shogun, though.

Back