What was up with Mousasi's weight cut?

taugrim

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I watched the highlights this morning from CBS Sports and they mentioned Moose cut 24 lbs the day before the fight.

Was he not taking the fight seriously? Was he injured?

That's an extreme amount of weight to cut in 1 day.

He clearly lost and I'm wondering whether that had anything to do with it.

I watched the highlights this morning from CBS Sports and they mentioned Moose cut 24 lbs the day before the fight.

Was he not taking the fight seriously? Was he injured?

That's an extreme amount of weight to cut in 1 day.

He clearly lost and I'm wondering whether that had anything to do with it.

That's a crazy amount of weight to cut in one day.
I don't even know if that's possible tbh sir.

In his last fights he said exactly the same.
He also tells everybody who wants to hear that he isn't training serious, that he is lazy, that he only fights for the paycheck.

It didn't seem like he took this fight seriously. He basically said that he's been training for the same guy for the past year. It's just that Eblen is a way better version of Salter and Vanzanderford.

He's independently wealthy and obviously doesn't give many shits about fighting.

It absolutely could have something to do with it. It could also be classic Moose just not showing up.

Haven't been on here in a long time. Came back to check in on what the small percentage of dillusional Moose cultists are saying. I have not been disappointed.

They will turn this into a win in their heads.

Mousasi has always been weird with training. He is also one of the few fighters that has no problem telling you about it. He has no problem saying that he trains harder or lighter depending upon what he thinks about his opponent. Won't surprise me one bit if his attitude about things like that is one of the reasons the UFC didn't go all in on him when his contract came up.

This is a big reason when people try to bring him up in the discussion of the best MW in the world I always kind chuckle at it. King Mo's buddy basically King Mo'd Mousasi just like he did many years ago. Good clean/technical wrestlers who make Mousasi wrestle usually find a lot of success against him.

Moose has been mailing it in for a while now and is well past his prime. He can also be pretty undisciplined with his weight. I love him, but he only has himself to blame for these situations.

this is what the UFC does to a man, in addition to making him gay

Back