What was your favorite MMA fight from this year? And why?

Davidjacksonjones

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So many great fights to choose from

My personal favorite was seeing Jones move up to HW and take the belt. I would have liked the fight to go a little longer though, returning for 3 years and we only see him in action for a few minutes. People were really starting to doubt Jones abilities after seeing his lackluster performances against Reyes and Santos, plus he was getting old + a long layoff, but Jones still gets it done in impressive fashion

Honorable mentions
- Volk-Islam was entertaining, was really hyped for it. Two champions with p4p number one/belt on the line
- Charles Oliveira vs Benell Dariush - a lot of people were counting Charles out due to his loss to Islam, but he proved he can overcome adversity and bounce back. Beautiful TKO
- Max Holloway vs Arnold Allen - Always a pleasure to watch Max fight. Arnold did great too. Beautiful displays of striking
- Izzy Alex 2 - Even though i wanted Alex to win, that fight was so epic and delivered. Hope a third fight comes some time in the future

What was your favorite fight(s) from this year?

Either Gaethje or shavkat for me

Volk vs islam was an Important fight too, that gave us a lot to chew on in terms of scoring. I think that's kinda the most monumental fight.

Jones winning the HW belt is a Huge moment in the sport

Izzy getting revenge on alex after all these years is another memorable experience

Last edited:
Amanda squashing Aldana.

The amount of people that completely disregard the fact Amanda was not fully recovered from Covid, with that being the ONLY reason she lost to Pena is bullshit.

The rematch proved who is better.. Period.

Then what was it 33% of fools said Aldana was going to KO the GOAT was flat out ridiculous. So it was awesome to see her shut Aldana down and out.

And walked away on top of the entire mma world. Defended in two divisions multiple times. The lineal champion in two divisions. And the ONLY fighter in modern mma/UFC history that I can honestly call the GOAT.

War The Lioness.

My UFC fights of the year (in no particular order) so far are:

Caceres/Pineda.
Vegara/Lacerda.
Gaethje/Fiziev.
Neal/Shavkat.
Barriault/Anders.
Volkanovski/Makhachev.
Brener/Kutateladze.
Peek/Mariscal.

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but that's just off the top of my head.

I'd go with Johnatan Martinez vs Said Nurmagomedov or Elves Brenner vs Guram Kutateladze. I know it sounds like I wanna be a hardcore fan and not quote Volkanovski vs Islam, which I loved, but I thought the intensity, the skill level, the fun, the fight feel, digging deep... everything was there.

Back