What weight class should the next Rizin FF tournament Grand Prix be???

JkMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I heard it's going to be heavyweight again.... Which is stupid because how many times do they need to heavyweight tournament? They already done 2 heavyweight tourny. They should do a lightweight tourny next. Any weight class is good as long as it's not heavyweight. For female tournament, a 115 tournament would be cool.
image.png
image.jpeg
Rizin is pride. :)
Pride is rizin. :)

Sakakibara says it won't be HW but who knows.

If they do one for each gender again then I would like something in the 73-75kg range for men and 55ish kg for women

For the men's one they would already have Yachi, Strasser Kiichi, Cruickshank, Souwer, Wicky, maybe Kron if they can reach an agreement with him, Kitaoka, Kawajiri, and Gomi that could fight in it. Guys like Kume and Tokudome should be easy to get from Pancrase and there's plenty of international talent at the weight, ROAD has a bunch on their roster from their tournament right now.

The women's GP could be built around Shinju, Kana Watanabe, and maybe Kanako Murata if she's willing to give a weight disadvantage.

Sakakibara says it won't be HW but who knows.

If they do one for each gender again then I would like something in the 73-75kg range for men and 55ish kg for women

For the men's one they would already have Yachi, Strasser Kiichi, Cruickshank, Souwer, Wicky, maybe Kron if they can reach an agreement with him, Kitaoka, Kawajiri, and Gomi that could fight in it. Guys like Kume and Tokudome should be easy to get from Pancrase and there's plenty of international talent at the weight, ROAD has a bunch on their roster from their tournament right now.

The women's GP could be built around Shinju, Kana Watanabe, and maybe Kanako Murata if she's willing to give a weight disadvantage.
Hopefully the next 1 isn't hw.

I heard it's going to be heavyweight again.... Which is stupid because how many times do they need to heavyweight tournament? They already done 2 heavyweight tourny. They should do a lightweight tourny next. Any weight class is good as long as it's not heavyweight. For female tournament, a 115 tournament would be cool.
View attachment 319063
View attachment 319065
Rizin is pride. :)
Pride is rizin. :)

Lightweight or Welterweight. !!!

It has to be lightweight. They will get a better tournament in depth if they do lightweight than middleweight or welterweight. A lot of big names will be available 145-160 pound range.

I think they should jump in the fire and do a Women's Openweight GP.

As far as men's, I would go with Lightweight. They're going to need a stronger Grand Prix after this year. LW could easily fill 16 slots without use of BYEs.

It has to be lightweight. They will get a better tournament in depth if they do lightweight than middleweight or welterweight. A lot of big names will be available 145-160 pound range.
Yeah, that's what I want too.

I'd do openweight again. Have CC defend that title. I think they could get another get tourney going and I really liked the first one.

I'd do openweight again. Have CC defend that title. I think they could get another get tourney going and I really liked the first one.
I don't think they actually defend they're belts. They're tournament champions. They don't actually defend it. And fuck a heavyweight/open weight tourny. They already done it twice lol.

I hope it is a Lightweight GP
  • Yusuke Yachi
  • Takanori Gomi
  • Satoru Kitaoka
  • Takasuke Kume (Pancrase)
  • Kron Gracie (who knows)
  • Yutaka Saito (Shooto)
  • Tatsuya Kawajiri
  • Daron Cruickshank
  • Wicky Nishiura
  • Damir Ismagulov (M-1)
  • Rafael Fiziev (ROAD FC)
  • Filip Wolanski (KSW)
  • Kiichi Kunimoto
  • and it goes on..

155 is the best answer.

It's the deepest weight class globally, due to lightweights being average sized people...as well as being small enough that there's plenty of Japanese talent available.

It just makes sense.

I don't think they actually defend they're belts. They're tournament champions. They don't actually defend it. And fuck a heavyweight/open weight tourny. They already done it twice lol.

I know they dont technically defend it i just meant see if he can win again.

I hope it is a Lightweight GP
  • Yusuke Yachi
  • Takanori Gomi
  • Satoru Kitaoka
  • Takasuke Kume (Pancrase)
  • Kron Gracie (who knows)
  • Yutaka Saito (Shooto)
  • Tatsuya Kawajiri
  • Daron Cruickshank
  • Wicky Nishiura
  • Damir Ismagulov (M-1)
  • Rafael Fiziev (ROAD FC)
  • Filip Wolanski (KSW)
  • Kiichi Kunimoto
  • and it goes on..
Kwon a sol, nerdine, that Korean keyboard warrior guy, and bruna miranda should be good participants to

Anything but wmma that stuff is garbage all around the world.

Or 205 ers

Anything but wmma that stuff is garbage all around the world.

Or 205 ers

HW.. it always should be HW.

MW would be cool.. the division is kind of dead worldwide and maybe they can find some good talent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back