• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What were you doing on 9/11?

What were you doing at 9/11?

• Total voters
I was stationed in Camp Humphreys, Korea when 9/11 happened. Crazy times.

Sophomore in high school. Went in early to make up a test. Teacher is was by himself watching the news. He said to take the test another time.

Junior in high school, just sitting down for Italian class. Didn't really know what to do when the announcement came on the PA. I think I was too afraid of going home right away and then having to sit and wait if my dad would come back (he was working at the Empire at the time). I ended up sitting through the class and then before next period I went to the office to try and get in touch with my mom. Was probably around 12:30 or so when I finally excused myself and just went home, and thankfully he had already made it back by then. Looking back I'm surprised we all didn't just get sent home early.

I was on a plane... and let’s just say, the turbulence was BAD.

Was watching the movie Conspiracy Theory with a mate. Turned it off at the end and saw the news saying a small plane had crashed into the world trade centre.
I actually saw the second plane approach and hit live behind the news readers head.

Was crazy.
Especially as they reported the 2 others, iirc correctly they had concerns about a 5th plane for a while.

I was with my brother driving to school.

Was 21 at the time.

I remember hearing it on the radio thinking it was probably some drunk pilot.

Sitting in math class I believe 8th grade. We watched the news all day in school and no teaching was done for the rest of the day. Pretty sure gas prices doubled before I got out of school
8th grade social studies class for me.
I was thinking of this the other day when reading the "Millennials have it harder," whining thread, when the TS had to "suffer through," 9/11. Which meant he watched it on TV like everyone else that didn't live in NYC at the time.

My SS teacher's son was in NYC at the time, so Mr. Shuler was freaking out and in tears, but to us students it was almost like fiction. Some War of the Worlds shit.

i was getting ready to drive to work. i didn't have time to watch it on t.v. i didn't realize the true significance of it until later that day.

It's almost 9/12 on the east coast, but I'm surprised there wasn't more 9/11 (or any) 9/11 threads today.

Anyhow, what were you doing on 9/11? I was in grad. school having a a pot luck lunch for my department. We were watching some of it on a TV we brought in and then a cop came in and said we had to leave immediately as someone called in a bomb threat.

With everyone leaving, it took a half hour to get out of the parking and almost an hour to drive home in what normally took 10 minutes. Crazy day. I'll never forget everything that happened then.

Walking in late to my 2nd hour 7th grade class

Someone said a helicopter flew into a building so we were watching the tv

Then the second plane hit

Didnt do any work that whole day

Skipped school that day. Senior year of High School. Glad I didn’t go to school that day.

I was in elementary school. 5th grade I think

Teacher rolled a TV in the room and played the news. We all watched as everything unfolded. Then all the kids got sent home.

Maybe kind of messed up to let kids watch that. But I think my teacher just knew how significant this was going to become and that it would be something that we remember for the rest of our lives, and that is was important to see .

I remember my teacher, a grown man, crying as he watched. My memory from that long ago is shit but I can still clearly remember that day and specifically my teacher crying as he watched.

I was washing the dishes when my wife called from her office. I sat down on the couch, turned on the TV, and didn't move for the rest of the day...

I was in Sydney at the time.

My girlfriend was down from the Gold Coast for the weekend.

We had absolutely caned it the whole week-end, ecstasy each night and after parties as well. Absolutely toasted

We were watching late night news and the telecast dropped out as events unfolded live.

Saw the second plane hit.

In shock for the next 24 hours.

The next morning I had to get up and go to work at the top level in the tallest building in Sydney at the time, BHP Tower @ 1 York Street.

Goosebumps I tell ya

I was in Sydney at the time.

My girlfriend was down from the Gold Coast for the weekend.

We had absolutely caned it the whole week-end, ecstasy each night and after parties as well. Absolutely toasted

We were watching late night news and the telecast dropped out as events unfolded live.

Saw the second plane hit.

In shock for the next 24 hours.

The next morning I had to get up and go to work at the top level in the tallest building in Sydney at the time, BHP Tower @ 1 York Street.

Goosebumps I tell ya

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
larrybirdgoat
Back