What were you doing on 9/11?

What were you doing at 9/11?

• Total voters
I was logged into Asheron's Call, a MMORPG, and couldn't understand why I had the server mostly to myself. A friend logged in and messaged me.

Friend: Log off and turn on your television.
Me: What?
Friend: Shut up. Log off and turn on your television.

And I did.

See, this is what I love about Sherdog, more mature age-wise. Everyone has a story and can relate.

I see this question on r/askreddit all the time and half of the answers are:

*har har* In My Mom's Ovaries! *har har*

The Tik-Tok generation. <DisgustingHHH>

Iirc was afternoon here and i was at friend home playing playstation, got called by girlfriend who asked me if i seen tv news, that somebody attacked USA

We switched to tv and seen these images, remember instant thought i was watching first moment of WW3, it looked too big deal to generate anything less

Instead it just generated a decades long operation that ripped off Afghanistan from talibans hands, and gave it to talibans

I was in my homeroom class they turned on the TV right before the planes hit the buildings. my teacher out her hands over her mouth in horror and cried tears they let us out early from school that day. I thought we were going to be drafted for war because I was about 3 years from selective service registration and I was enrolled in NJROTC.

The first plane hit while I was still asleep. After I woke up my mom told me about it. The second plane hit while I was in the shower. The pentagon was hit while I was on the bus to school.

I was 16 years old, in grade 11 at the time.

Junior year of high school. We didn't get out early for some reason.

Was anyone else still in school but getting close to graduation when it happened?

I remember being so gung-ho on joining the military once I finished school, and then by the time I did, Dubya was joking about not being able to find WMD’s.

I was Active Duty at the time in the US Army. We were in PT and someone said, hey did you hear that a plane hit a building in NYC....didnt think much of it.

Then after about an hour of PT. The whole base went on lockdown and they thought another attack on the West Coast was imminent.... (in a nutshell)

It was knarly shit....

See, this is what I love about Sherdog, more mature age-wise. Everyone has a story and can relate.

I see this question on r/askreddit all the time and half of the answers are:

*har har* In My Mom's Ovaries! *har har*

The Tik-Tok generation. <DisgustingHHH>
<Lmaoo>

I was in grad. school and we were having a pot luck lunch, but my university had a bomb threat and they ordered everyone to evacuate. My school is next to a private airport where the hijackers trained. Atta lived around the corner from me (like literally around the corner about 1/2 mile away).

It took me like an hour to get home when it normally took 10 minutes due to the traffic of everyone leaving the campus at the same time. For a while, I was in traffic right next to the airport and I was constantly looking above for any planes thinking they were going to dive bomb the place. It was fucked.

Then, when I got home, my roommates and I watched everything live. Honestly, after like 7 pm, I was just drained and went to bed then.

Last edited:
I was in school. I was living in upstate New York at the time (my dad was stationed at Ft. Drum at the time, but we lived off base). Since my parents both worked on post and everything was locked down I had the house to myself for most of the evening. I hate to say it, but it was actually kind of nice. My parents didn't really get along, so the few extra hours of peace were pleasant.

It was the second day of my sophomore year of high school. Our cable was out , so I didn't know about the attacks until I got to school and some of my friends told me about the attacks. Spanish was my first class and our Spanish teacher made a announcement informing everyone what had happened. Our principal made a announcement over the intercom and played president Bush's
Speech announcing that America was under attack.
My mom took me out of school early that day.
It was also my sixteenth birthday, which I shared with my grandfather, so my mom and I spent the rest of the day at my grandparents and watched the coverage on the news

I was in an electronics class at Naval Training center in Great Lakes, Illinois. About a month out of boot camp. They told us something happened in class, then sent us on a normal morning break and I watched it on the TV in the galley. I remember being pretty naive and not really having many thoughts other than feeling bad for those poor people.

I still can't watch it. Makes me sick to my stomach

I was at high school but it was a teachers only day so i was at home watching it on tv. I watched that second plane hit live.

I remember the news anchors on CNN(ABC maybe) trying to figure out who was behind the attack. Initially there was suggestion that it could be japanese attackers cause of the kamikazi style of the attack. A few hours later i heard the names "osama bin laden" an "al qaeda" for the first time.

I was a high school jr or sr.

My alarm was set to radio, around 7 am. The radio hosts were in a somber mood talking about the WTC and I immediately assumed they were talking about the bombing 10 years prior. I realized it was current and ran to the tv and watched it.

At 1st period, students were trying to tell the teacher to turn the tv on, but he didn't care. The rest of the day, in all classes, we watched the news.

I remember one of the security guys (who's also a coach) at school is Arab. A student asked him days later if this country was going to war and he was serious like "What are we going to bomb? A couple of tents?"

Damn.. 20 years since my 1st solo holiday aged 19 in Orlando

I remember the day very clearly, still have my newspapers from 9/11 and 9/12 somewhere

Back