Movies What were your favourite movies of your childhood and teenage years?

The kid had to have an accent because Van Damme had an accent.

If the kid sounded American then it would be weird that he grew up and developed a belgian accent.

Yes, he was playing an American but they chose to actually explain his accent instead of just pretending he didn't have one like they do in Arnold's movies.
Its silly either way and sort of adds to what made the movie special.

probably Stripes and See No Evil Hear No Evil for nostalgia reasons as i would always watch those with my Dad when I'd go visit him when i was kid. I Still love those movies to this day.

to-this-day-deontay-wilder-meme.gif

Rocky and Star Wars. I was already subscribing to Ring Magazine so I thought Rocky was pretty awesome.

Childhood would be Home Alone. Teenage years would be American Pie or Varsity Blues.

Indiana Jones 1,2,3
Conan
Goonies
Ghostbusters
Rocky 1,2,3,4
Big Trouble in Little China
Animal House

Pretty much anything that played on WPIX 11 on NYC in the 80s.

Star Wars, Rocky, Robocop, Death Wish, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Rambo, The Terminator, Child's Play. Basically a lot of movie franchises. Critters was another one. Saw a lot of horror flicks I probably should't have as a young child but I'm glad I did.

This is a true story, I got in trouble in kindergarten because when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said "The Predator"
I got sent to the principals office, i don't think they understood that I was talking about the movie.

Predator and Terminator 2 were my jam.

The Lost Boys, Mortal Kombat, Halloween, Evil Dead series, Bloodsport, The Running Man (no clue why that was my favorite Schwarzenegger for so long), pretty much any Jim Carrey movie.

I didn't have any restrictions on what I could watch so alot of horror, action and comedies that I probably shouldn't have been watching.

The Princess Bride
Goonies
The Sandlot
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
The Monster Squad
Willow
Never Ending Story

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:
I had Rad on vhs that my cousin recorded off a movie channel. I didnt buy the 4k version but saw they released it on Blu Ray now

Watched it the other night. Used to have it on dvd but I watched it on prime I think. Or maybe hulu

Independence Day
Mrs. Doubtfire
Jurassic Park

Watched them so much as a kid, i know them word for word.

Teenage years these were on repeat every day after school:

Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

9491b1a4b6f4f77cc790e0695cf2e79c.gif

Ginger Snaps

faae0611e3754b5c7e77c29b6444ba09f99686a6.gif

The EDGE. The ANGST:eek:

As a kid I wore these tapes down:

Titanic

7cc9a2504695c12bebae47452f9693fcbdcf4133.gif

The Lion King

iZrCecR.gif

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron