What will happen with Khamzat when he returns

NMcCauley

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I feel the fighters are evolving quite fast and that he probably lost his momentum. A Pity cos he was a beast...

He’d better come back soon because there are a lot of great Middleweights and Welterweights making waves in their divisions.

And if he’s just gonna sit on the sidelines that’s only hurting himself. No one wants to wafch someone who isn’t relevant. And you are only relevant if you fight….or punch old men in pubs

I'm sure he'll make a lot of vague excuses (i.e. lies) about contracts not being signed by opponents until he comes back and cherry picks another fringe top 10 guy who's an easy match-up.

In the meantime, he'll call out every champion regardless of weight in a desperate attempt to stay relevant, probably talk himself into a single title shot where he gasses out and gets exposed, and then makes a Tito Ortiz/Nick Diaz level of excuses eventually leaving the UFC to try to chase fast money in PFL.

His most delusional/desperate fans will still cling to him like Zabit (who also had glaring cardio/competition questions but he had a funny look so hey he's great! :rolleyes: ) but normal fans will recognize him as another classic example of the hype machine getting ahead of itself like with Shane Carwin/Houston Alexander.

MMA doesn't wait for anyone. My guess is he comes back at 185 because making 170 just isn't in the cards anymore for him. He will be ok against a 6-10 ranked opponent but when he comes up against 1-5 he doesn't steamroll and probably loses.

When he returns? When did he leave?
He is still undefeated and will get a big name opponent. He lost his momentum a while ago anyway.

You make a good point, though I wouldn't really say it's because the opponents are evolving. Technically yes since an up and comer can come in strong out of nowhere fast. But one of the most important things in becoming champion is timing.

So far he has had the worst timing in UFC history. There is always something holding him back.

Maybe stop palling around with dictators so you can fight more than once a year.
Also, opponents that aren't short notice a weight class up would be preferable.

According to Sherdog he’ll kill all his opponents

s-smesh errbody?

8IR.gif

A headline in Saudi Arabia vs Whittaker, Strickland, or Adesanya
The UFC doesn't want to pay Makhacev what his management asks and they need a top main event

he will win another razor thin decision and disappear for 8 months

Have you been living under a rock? He will fight everyone, kill everyone and will be a 3 division champ, bro
He still has some stuff to post on twitter first, but after that, you'll see!

Back