• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

What will it take to get marriage rates back up?

How fucking old are you if it's now unpleasant as well as repulsive? So how long have you been feeling like this? Always?
I didn't say it's completely unpleasant yet...I am just saying that since I have the option still I will be choosing a younger wife so that I won't ever have to stop feeling attraction to her until I'm probably too old to get it up anyway.

Also I have always felt on some level it can be repulsive yes, but at least when both parties are not decrepit it's a lot less so.

I get the impression he has never had good sex.

Which is a goddamn tragedy, but also explains a lot.
Very infrequently but still managed to make it work during the last hip tragedy, just not straight after the op and the thought of it right now a week later this op is scary. But not the words he uses to describe it scary, I'll be match fit in a few weeks again thank fuck.

If you're right though, I'd likely rather no sex than bad sex.

The bolded section is not true in any place I know of.

In most jurisdictions, partners leave with what they brought, especially if the relationship is short.

If they made contributions, they would get a share, but that is only fair (ie: if you brought a house and their income helped pay the mortgage and living expenses etc) and even then it would be looked at proportionally.

That s the problem... I've seen it, repeatedly. The "family" court has decided that they will count all assets of both parties as "joint marital assets" and will be split according to what the judge deems "fair" - usually 50/50.

THAT is the biggest problem, there is no set, objective criteria for the distribution of assets. It's whatever the judge decides which is complete bullshit. If both parties sign a prenup, have their own lawyers, follow everything to the letter of the law, the judge can still just throw it out if they think it isn't "fair".

Who would be insane enough to sign up to a binding legal contract that exposes you to summary judgment by a third party... when you don't even know the terms of the contract that you are signing? It's complete lunacy.

Marriage isn't just a piece of paper... it's a legal contract with the state.

How very romantic :rolleyes:

You’re taking my post out of context. Of course marriage constitutes a contract. I was staring it doesn’t have some greater spiritual meaning, or that the life of an unmarried is inherently unfulfilled, as the poster I quoted implied.

One random idiot feminist said that. Most people who use the term don't mean it as an attack on all men.

Masculinity is fine, even necessary. Toxic masculinity is (checks notes) toxic.

annnndddd... we could drag this out yet again where I make it clear that I reject your premise and refuse to use your leftist terminology, and then you accuse me of being ignorant for this stance... but I'm hung over and it would be boring and repetitive so I'll just give it a miss.

You’re taking my post out of context. Of course marriage constitutes a contract. I was staring it doesn’t have some greater spiritual meaning, or that the life of an unmarried is inherently unfulfilled, as the poster I quoted implied.

Yep we agree on that.

annnndddd... we could drag this out yet again where I make it clear that I reject your premise and refuse to use your leftist terminology, and then you accuse me of being ignorant for this stance... but I'm hung over and it would be boring and repetitive so I'll just give it a miss.
It's not leftist terminology, it's a phrase that succinctly describes a societal ill.

Any bias in the term is yours, and yours alone.

If someone uses it as an insult, they likely don't understand it either.

Unless you are planning on getting a mail order bride, that's not at all how it works.
Maybe for you, but that's not my experience...no need for a mail order bride lol.
I still keep in decent shape and when I'm out in bars women frequently guess my age as 10 years younger than I am, so yes that is how it works.

It's not leftist terminology, it's a phrase that succinctly describes a societal ill.

Any bias in the term is yours, and yours alone.

If someone uses it as an insult, they likely don't understand it either.

It's a leftist term. You don't see conservatives using it do you?

It's a leftist term. You don't see conservatives using it do you?
That's because toxic masculinity serves their purposes.

And for the record, most people in the world are neither left nor right.

Much like gender, politics are not binary.

That's because toxic masculinity serves their purposes.

And for the record, most people in the world are neither left nor right.

Much like gender, politics are not binary.

It's more of a mindset than a political affiliation. Considering how hopelessly ignorant they are, I am shocked that the majority of people out there can tie their own shoes.

I doubt the majority of people could even tell you why they are referred to as the left and the right in the first place without googling it.

Back