What would the reaction be if Jon beats Stipe, sticks around, and then decisively beats Tom?

And there aren't any straws surrounding the actual fight to grasp on to. No fouls, no drama, no distractions, and no injuries coming into or during the fight. Tom doesn't gas out, mentally crumble, show low fight IQ, make any particularly stupid mistakes, or show any glaring holes in his game that we hadn't seen before. He tries, looks good, but Jon is simply better. Tom gets on the mic afterwards and congratulates Jon on winning fair and square.

Which of the following narratives would be the most prevalent?

1. Tom was never that good
2. USADA left so Jon's dirty
3. Fight was rigged
4. Jon still "ducked" Francis
5. Change topic by bringing up Jon's past controversies
6. Fedor/GSP/Khabib is still Goat
Jon was dirty before, during, and after USADA. Regardless of who he does or does not fight in the future.

Jones Derangement Syndrome can't be cured so the Jones haters will immediately latch on to the next top HW prospect and say Jones is ducking him.

And there aren't any straws surrounding the actual fight to grasp on to. No fouls, no drama, no distractions, and no injuries coming into or during the fight. Tom doesn't gas out, mentally crumble, show low fight IQ, make any particularly stupid mistakes, or show any glaring holes in his game that we hadn't seen before. He tries, looks good, but Jon is simply better. Tom gets on the mic afterwards and congratulates Jon on winning fair and square.

Which of the following narratives would be the most prevalent?

1. Tom was never that good
2. USADA left so Jon's dirty
3. Fight was rigged
4. Jon still "ducked" Francis
5. Change topic by bringing up Jon's past controversies
6. Fedor/GSP/Khabib is still Goat
I’m not a jones fan but he was arguably the goat before beating Gane/HW title. He is indisputably so now. People keep moving the goalposts for him.

The ducking Francis one is ridiculous. Did people not watch Francis v gane? Gane arguably won (not really an argument on the criteria) but at the least, Francis barely beat him.

I really do not understand the Francis hype. Like I get it with casuals who think bodybuilders are fighters. But people on the forum who say that are crazy.

All that being said, I’d have Aspinall by finish in rd1. He’s the best fighter who has lived so far, just not p4p so.

Of those three things, far and away the most shocking would be if he sticks around

It's nothing new that Jon is a great fighter. The problem with him is that he's been caught cheating so many times that his accomplishments are all tainted and nothing will ever change that. His legacy is as the biggest cheater in the UFC, which I hope is a record no one ever beats.

Well depends how he won, he can beat up stipe anyway and i would not be surprised. However if he went oout there and landed some awkward punch of his and KO Tom I would just say that its divine work how fucking lucky he is.

A mixture of 1, 2, 4, and 5 for the haters.

For me personally, it would be the first time in MMA history where I was non-plussed by something extraordinary because Jon is already GOAT. He can’t really go any higher. I’d be more entertained by the biblical flood of tears from his haters.

I would be happy for him but not surprised, not at all.

JBJ is a generational talent and besides GSP one of the 2 definite GOATS (depending who you like more) .

The haters on the other hand would do what they did when JBJ beat Gane, they would jump on the next best thing and hope that he is the ultimate threat to Jon (was Pavlovich back then) and if Jon, or any other contender, beats the new threat they will jump on the next bandwagon (as they did now with the Aspinal train).

JBJ haters are so predictable

Stop being silly. You word it as if people wanting Jones to defend against the interim champ instead of Stipe who hasn't won a fight in 4 years and is 42 = people hating on Jon Jones... The champ shouldn't have any say in who they fight, if you're the champ you should have to defend against the most deserving contender that earned their title shot, otherwise what's even the point of having belts?
he's not being silly, he's being serious: a Jones fanboy using shitty pre initiative to block valid points of criticism and ridiculous takes alike.

Tom was out of his prime when jones fought him.
Tom was just fighting for 70 percent.
Stipe had a bad weightcut.
Jones is too big for HW.
Jones has some noticeable pico advantages

If Jones beats Stipe, he will defend his belt one year later at least no chance he stays active.

It's nothing new that Jon is a great fighter. The problem with him is that he's been caught cheating so many times that his accomplishments are all tainted and nothing will ever change that. His legacy is as the biggest cheater in the UFC, which I hope is a record no one ever beats.
Don't you think it's a little strange how fighters were racking up 10, 11, 12 title defenses before USADA and since USADA we have seen nothing close to that? Back then drug tests were basically an IQ test. That's very anomalous for fighters to be winning THAT much in title fights you have to be a little suspicious as to what was going on surrounding all the greats. Clean fighters are racking up all these title defenses against some guys who are using steroids and they are 100% clean themselves?

Last edited:
Don't you think it's a little strange how fighters were racking up 10, 11, 12 title defenses before USADA and since USADA we have seen nothing close to that? Back then drug tests were basically an IQ test. That's very anomalous for fighters to be winning THAT much in title fights you have to be a little suspicious as to what was going on surrounding all the greats. Clean fighters are racking up all these title defenses against some guys who are using steroids and they are 100% clean themselves?

Speculation isn't enough to make something out of so it's the proven cases that we have to go on. Jones definitely deserves his reputation since he's been caught multiple times and did so much of it that he couldn't stop pissing hot at one point.

As for not seeing anything like that during USADA, it's a faulty statement. Jones had several of his defenses after USADA came in (he of course also got caught during that time), and Mighty Mouse had the majority of his defenses after that as well and always tested clean. Anderson started losing well before that so it's unrelated, and GSP retired well before that too but his outspokenness was a significant reason why better drug testing was implemented in the UFC. Those are the only four that are around the 10 defense mark, so we see that half of them were still active in defenses after USADA came in, and it's been extremely rare through the entire lifespan of the UFC to amass that amount.

Clearly Big Tom would be “ never that good “ ….. jones haters will always find something
It's the fact that he's trying to sell this fight against Stipe as the fight that makes the most sense in saying who the baddest HW is. It's just stupid and nobody is buying it. I understand and know that Jones is the GOAT, I've learned to except it. But this whole narrative that he's trying to spin is so lame. I also get why he doesn't want to fight Tom, bc he's already beaten everyone he's ever faced and he's earned the right to choose who he wants to fight. But saying Stipe is the fight the fans wanna see,......GTFO. I have heard NO ONE say they wanna see that fighter except Dana. It's actually hurting his legacy with fans.

Back