Whats a better a pile of crap The Hobbit Trilogy or The Modern Skywalker Trilogy

Disney needs to hire these guys to do a series

I watched the hobbit movies because the LOTR trilogy was great and fantasy is my favorite if they do it well but man what a shit show. I only watched the first of the new star wars and I dont recall anything about it. People should probably use their time more wisely than these 2 trilogies.

There Hobbit trilogy wasn't horrible. It was mostly enjoyable, they just went a little over the top with some of the hero battle scenes

The Force Awakens was far better than any Hobbit film, but the The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker were shittier than the shittiest special effect in the entire whitewater river fight sequence.

Definitely the Hobbit trilogy because of how they mishandled it. I’m a bigger LOTR fan than star wars so I had high expectations for the Hobbit trilogy which should never have been a trilogy.

Only saw the first of both. The Hobbit was better. It was boring but the Star Wars movie was one face palm after another.

I read a summary of the third Star Wars someone posted in the Mayberry. That shit sounded like a spoof it was so bad.

Different levels. I thought "The Hobbit" was consistently mediocre, whereas the new "Star Wars" trilogy went from pretty decent to pure dog shit.

It's a wash.

The Hobbit is better as it doesn't change any of the lore.

I liked the Hobbit, not as good as the LOTR but not bad at all imo. Most of the Star Wars films after the original three are horrible.

I liked the Hobbit more. I usually like prequels

I have to say it really bothers me how cool it became on this forum overnight to shit on The Force Awakens out of spite for the failures of the next two films. It's like hating on Guy Fieri. For some reason it just became one of those safe spaces to be an edgy bro no matter how stupid it is.

Here was how Sherdog voted on it when it came out. This isn't IMDb, RottenTomatoes, or Metacritic. This isn't Reddit.
STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Official Thread v.10 (Dragonlord's Review)

The raw mean of that vote is 7.6.
A neutrally weighted mean marginalizing extremes (throwing out the top 10% and bottom 10%) is a 7.8.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt
That's 0.2 points below the unweighted mean on IMDb (7.8), and 0.2 points below the Male 18+ demographic unweighted mean on IMDb. For weighted, it's 0.1 points below the weighted Bayesian mean on IMDb (7.9). A weighted score of 8.0 would qualify for IMDb's Top 250 of all time (with over 43K total feature films counted putting those films in the Top 0.5%).

Just about the only movies I can recall in the last 5-6 years that have done better off the top of my head are Infinity War, Joker, Guardians of the Galaxy, Logan, Mad Max: Fury Road, and the John Wick movies.

You loved that movie. Stop fucking posing.

Last edited:
Hobbit had Smaug

Star Wars had Rose and a purple haired yoga instructor

Cecil Peoples rules it a split decision for Star Wars.

I remember THE HOBBIT looked great, like painted illustrations of a great classic fantasy novel. The other thing I remember was a full grown Evangeline Lilly making eyes at that little person, and I remember rolling my eyes so hard I must have knocked myself unconscious for the rest of the series.

Exactly. As Sherdog has proven, manlets have absolutely no utility.

Is it the higher frame rate that's fucking with you? It provides a depth of field that seems a bit unnatural, and so the brain might equate this onslaught of visual information to something it's seen before: like shoddy compositing. Have you seen Ang Lee's higher frame-rate efforts: BILLY LYNN'S LONG HALF-TIME WALK or GEMINI MAN? Same problem?
All high framerate stuff looks like home video to me... and it makes set pieces look like artificial set pieces

The Hobbit trilogy should have only been one movie as originally planned, but there's still a good story within all that filler.

New SW is just garbage.

All high framerate stuff looks like home video to me... and it makes set pieces look like artificial set pieces
I love it. There's nothing quite like 3D at 60fps - 120fps.

I hated the soap opera effect ten years ago, but the technology has smoothed me over especially at the hands of Ang Lee. GEMINI MAN is reference grade resolution. There's still a visual learning curve, because the eye does isn't used to that level of depth of field. Once you're used to it, it makes 24fps look old and muddy, which people are already noticing with stuff like SOLO. Even at a normal framerate, SOLO truly comes alive in 3D.

If we're talking home video, it honestly sort of pains me when people are fine with judging a film from some pirated copy filmed in the theater. I know it's just a movie, but that's at least two hours of wading through murky shit with horrid sound. Like how could you treat your eyes so badly? Just do something else, if you're not going to do it the best way. Stare at a wall. Same diff.

I love it. There's nothing quite like 3D at 60fps - 120fps.

I hated the soap opera effect ten years ago, but the technology has smoothed me over especially at the hands of Ang Lee. GEMINI MAN is reference grade resolution. There's still a visual learning curve, because the eye does isn't used to that level of depth of field. Once you're used to it, it makes 24fps look old and muddy, which people are already noticing with stuff like SOLO. Even at a normal framerate, SOLO truly comes alive in 3D.

If we're talking home video, it honestly sort of pains me when people are fine with judging a film from some pirated copy filmed in the theater. I know it's just a movie, but that's at least two hours of wading through murky shit with horrid sound. Like how could you treat your eyes so badly? Just do something else, if you're not going to do it the best way. Stare at a wall. Same diff.
High fps makes me downright nauseated, literally, when watching recordings of humans and real life, everyone's movement strikes me as very unnatural.
Video games or cgi at high framerate don't bother me at all.. weird.
I used to have trouble with 3d too, but predator 3d at home is pretty great.

Video games or cgi at high framerate don't bother me at all.. weird.
I wonder if you'll be sickened by GEMINI MAN. They've definitely incorporated the visual language from high frame FPS (hah, this time the acronym means First Person Shooter). The lack of cuts really adds to the immersion. I have a buddy who has certain rules regarding gunfights -- he needs at SOME POINT to see someone reloading. That's his hang-up. Otherwise he thinks it's far too fake-ass. Me, I don't really need anything, but I adore when a gun fires and hits its target all within the same frame.

Back