What's a good firearm for the first time gun owner?

Yes to always carry your license.

Most states recognize other states permits but I'm pretty sure Massachusetts and New Jersey do not and you might get in trouble crossing those state lines. It's a good idea to check other states gun laws before you travel. Like I know I can't cross into Illinois with mine but I'm otherwise fine in the midwest.

Does this apply to just conceal carry or I can't even have the gun in my backpack?

Lets say I travel from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Am I just not allowed to conceal carry or I cant bring my gun altogether even if its in a backpack?

This a nice plinker...for plinking humans.

God damn right it's God's caliber. Maybe it's me , or ya gotta rock your sponsors products but that gun has too many accessories on it

A hi-point 9mm with the $100 bill finish.

719005259_sm.jpg

Does this apply to just conceal carry or I can't even have the gun in my backpack?

Lets say I travel from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Am I just not allowed to conceal carry or I cant bring my gun altogether even if its in a backpack?

Same thing with bringing it with you. States very about what you can and can't do and while I don't know it for a fact I'm pretty sure NJ and mass are basically no go states.

Illinois
New York
California
Massachusetts
New Jersey

And I feel like I'm missing one more that are pretty much no go zones i woulda swore there are 6 of em. I'm most familiar with Michigan and always worried they gonna pass some dumb shit but at the moment all is well.

I think Cali and New York might have weird rules about mag capacity, certain models and maybe even ammo as well.

Seriously check before you travel every time . You never know if something has changed and you do not want any kind of gun felony. Most of the time it's cool. But it really depends where you live and that might not be true for you if you are over by the east coast or California.

I have multiple firearms but no blocks, just don't like them

Grip trigger or ugly is always my question when I meet people who think this way. I don't think anyone has ever told me an answer that didn't involve some combo of
those 3 words

I think I might be one of those glock cultists. .

Grip trigger or ugly is always my question when I meet people who think this way. I don't think anyone has ever told me an answer that didn't involve some combo of
those 3 words

I think I might be one of those glock cultists. .
my cz p09 is my favorite range gun, but it's no edc, shoots all sorts of bullshit ammo

my cz p09 is my favorite range gun, but it's no edc, shoots all sorts of bullshit ammo

I'm not super familiar with handling and shooting czs but everyone I know who has one loves it and is their fave hand gun. They probably need a better marketing team.

That's a difficult question without knowing your individual firearm and safety knowledge. A Glock is typically a poor decision for a new owner with 0 knowledge and discipline. I'd honestly probably go for a DA/SA firearm, a Sig 220/226/229, Beretta 92, or even a CZ 75. Id even say a lighter caliber (.38, 22 mag, or .44 special, etc) as the pull weight is designed with newer shooters in mind and the recoil will make you respect it which will force you to learn fundamentals.

I would spend a shit ton of money on some training courses if I were just coming into it too. On top of the training I receive for work, I make it a point to more than double that on my own. I ruck, shoot, and do drills on my own, but I make sure to take carbine and pistol courses from reputable outfits to make sure that I'm not ingrained with bad habits.

If you are dead set on a Glock. Small hands=43x and bigger hands=Glock 19 or 23, at least for concealed carry.

That’s my mom dawg

That chick has a nice rack, but needs to shave her pits. Not sure how I feel about an emotional female with a cc license. That's the thing nightmares are made of.

If you are dead set on a Glock. Small hands=43x and bigger hands=Glock 19 or 23, at least for concealed carry.

Good advice, the 43x feels tiny and the19 does imho fit and feel great.

For a first timer, "personal feel" in Your Hand can't be overstated. I'd also shy away from a standard .22 - too many horror stories of it's lack of stopping power.

Depending on where you live there are great training places. I always wanted to travel to Arizona for the training. Just never worked out for me schedule wise.

That's a difficult question without knowing your individual firearm and safety knowledge. A Glock is typically a poor decision for a new owner with 0 knowledge and discipline. I'd honestly probably go for a DA/SA firearm, a Sig 220/226/229, Beretta 92, or even a CZ 75. Id even say a lighter caliber (.38, 22 mag, or .44 special, etc) as the pull weight is designed with newer shooters in mind and the recoil will make you respect it which will force you to learn fundamentals.

I would spend a shit ton of money on some training courses if I were just coming into it too. On top of the training I receive for work, I make it a point to more than double that on my own. I ruck, shoot, and do drills on my own, but I make sure to take carbine and pistol courses from reputable outfits to make sure that I'm not ingrained with bad habits.

Is that because there isn't a manual safety? Or is there another feature that you think might give a new shooter bad habits ?

Glock 19 is excellent choice. I use an IWB small of back holster. Fairly easy to concel with proper clothing. Easy to learn to shoot with as well.

Back