3. Usyk
4. Bivol
5. Canelo
6. Haney
7. Bam Rodriguez
8. Tank
9. Benavidez
10. Beterbiev

Good list dude. I’d swap Crawford and usyk around personally but that’s about it. That said I think Crawford had the most impressive performance in 23 out of that list. He’s was incredible against spence. I fully expected him to win the fight, but not in that manner

i think pretty much everyone in the top 10 of any solid list (like the one in the OP) has an argument for the top spot.

you could mix it up in 1000 ways and they'd probably all be legit.

but as far as i'm concerned, crawford's dismantling of spence is the most impressive performance, so i'd probably consider him the best right now.

i think pretty much everyone in the top 10 of any solid list (like the one in the OP) has an argument for the top spot.

you could mix it up in 1000 ways and they'd probably all be legit.

but as far as i'm concerned, crawford's dismantling of spence is the most impressive performance, so i'd probably consider him the best right now.
That's my thoughts in a nutshell. I'd have to think about it, but all the names I'd come up with would end up being the same as 90% of any list that I've seen. I'd probably try to pull some bull shit and have Bud and Naoya share #1. I also think Canelo should be ranked higher than most pundits have him.

Here's mine...
1. Inoue
2. Crawford
3. Usyk
4. Bivol
5. Canelo
6. Haney
7. Bam Rodriguez
8. Tank
9. Benavidez
10. Beterbiev
I’m not sure Benavidez belongs.

Or tank even if I favor him in relevant H2H matchups.

But it’s been a fun year with lots of shakeups in the ranks. So one could argue many a name in the current field I suppose.

Good list TS (other than having Benavidez & Tank on there). The clear Top 2 now are Bud & Monster. They're the only fighters so far that've managed to become two-division undisputed champions in the modern era. Usyk has the opportunity to shoot for that in February.

Bud's performance against Spence was perfectly executed, however, Monster is the clear FOTY for me. While Bud had the best win Monster fought twice beating two unified champs across two different weight classes.

Last edited:
1. Usyk
2. Fury
3. Joshua
4-10 Can't be bothered trying to order a bunch of HWs.

P4P isn't real, kids. Only HW matters.

1. Usyk
2. Fury
3. Joshua
4-10 Can't be bothered trying to order a bunch of HWs.

P4P isn't real, kids. Only HW matters.
This is true. There really is no such thing as "pound-for-pound" and there never was. It's just a fun concept to debate among fans. It's also naive to call anyone the "best fighter in the world" because styles make fights and every fight is different. The heavyweight champ has always been the king of the jungle. Even if this era of heavyweights is weak.

I wouldn't rate Fury above Joshua after his last fight regardless of Joshua's recent losses. An MMA fighter with zero boxing experience wouldn't have been highly competitive with Usyk or Joshua.

Here's mine...
1. Inoue
2. Crawford
3. Usyk
4. Bivol
5. Canelo
6. Haney
7. Bam Rodriguez
8. Tank
9. Benavidez
10. Beterbiev
Drop Tank probably. His matchmaking is dressing him up a lot. Hell, even Mayweather said he was going to steer Tank away from Loma and that was only a couple years ago.

1) Crawford
2) Usyk
3) Inoue
4) Teraji
5) Canelo
6) Bivol
7) Beterbiev
8) Bam
9) Stevenson
10) Haney

How is Stevenson and Teraji not getting any love? Yes, Stevenson is boring but so is Haney...and Haney got a gift over Lomachenko.

1) Crawford
2) Usyk
3) Inoue
4) Teraji
5) Canelo
6) Bivol
7) Beterbiev
8) Bam
9) Stevenson
10) Haney

How is Stevenson and Teraji not getting any love? Yes, Stevenson is boring but so is Haney...and Haney got a gift over Lomachenko.
Stevenson has been winning but he's yet to score a big name opponent and his stock dropped a bit after his last fight. That can happen even when you win. He only landed 25 more punches total than DLS. That's just over 2 more connects per round.

Haney may have been fortunate to get the win over Loma but he was the home fighter and it was a close fight. It's also harder in general for Eastern Euro fighters to get the decision in Vegas. Kovalev vs Ward 1 & Canelo vs GGG 1 & 2 are just recent examples. It would have to be a legit robbery, something egregious, for Haney to be removed from the media's P4P rankings.

How about that Ioka? Just send him fight and he is a beast. Resume is also p4p worthy imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back