What's next for Cruz if he beats Chito?

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He has made it clear that he will only fight someone ranked above Chito if he wins.
I think he would need one more win before his title shot.

So my pick would have to be a fight with Petr after he knocks out Sean.
If not then a fight with Aldo makes sense, if he doesn't still get a title shot.

Who would you like to see him fight?

I think Chito has this pretty easily, Cruz is a little long in the tooth and isn't active enough.

The announcing table.
Seriously, his day in the sun has long passed, and I say that as a fan.

In his prime he was ahead of his time in the movement and technique he applied to mma. If it weren't for injuries along the way, he could have been in the GOAT conversations.

If cruz pulls it off give him winner of Aldo/merab or petr

I actually think if Aldo wins give him Cruz, but if Merab wins he probably deserves a title shot or eliminator.

The strength, length, and kicks of chito probably don’t fare well for cruz though

There's a decent amount of options for him tbh.
I don't think a title shot would be appropriate, but they might give it to him if TJ wins against Aljo since he already has a win over him.
Realistically though, the Aldo/Merab winner should get the next TS.

If Dom beats Chito he could fight the Sandhagen/Yadong winner, Petr/O'Malley winner, Aljo/TJ loser or the Aldo/Merab loser.
Plenty of options for him if he wins here and if were to beat any of these guys after Chito(still gotta get through him first) he'd deserve a TS.

Again though, Chito is no easy task and Dom's got to get through him first.

Since Cruz takes forever to fight, his next fight should be Aldo. But if Aldo wins against Merab, it's a fight to make after Aldo gets his title shot.

There's a decent amount of options for him tbh.
I don't think a title shot would be appropriate, but they might give it to him if TJ wins against Aljo since he already has a win over him.
Realistically though, the Aldo/Merab winner should get the next TS.

If Dom beats Chito he could fight the Sandhagen/Yadong winner, Petr/O'Malley winner, Aljo/TJ loser or the Aldo/Merab loser.
Plenty of options for him if he wins here and if were to beat any of these guys after Chito(still gotta get through him first) he'd deserve a TS.

Again though, Chito is no easy task and Dom's got to get through him first.
Hopefully Aldo gets the next title shot if he beats Merab. He already should've got it.

A rematch with Dillashaw makes sense after he loses to Aljo. If Aldo beats Merab he's most likely getting the next shot. If he loses though Aldo vs Dom will sell. A rematch with Cejudo might be on the table too. I think those 3 options are better than Sandhagen.

1. Aldo if he loses to Merab
2. Dillashaw if he loses to Aljo
3. Sandhagen vs. Yadong winner
4. Yan vs. O’Malley winner

That’s the order I’d put it in but all 4 are reasonable next fights if he wins.

1. Aldo if he loses to Merab
2. Dillashaw if he loses to Aljo
3. Sandhagen vs. Yadong winner
4. Yan vs. O’Malley winner

That’s the order I’d put it in but all 4 are reasonable next fights if he wins.
2f4a2cca-774f-4b62-a913-bdbbefd97421_text.gif

I think Chito has this pretty easily, Cruz is a little long in the tooth and isn't active enough.
I don't think activity matters much to Cruz, he was never active like that anyways. He always comes in after a long lay off and gets wins just fine. Not everyone has issues with activity, some can jump right in and have no issues - a fight is a fight after all.

If Cruz loses it's because Chito is currently better, activity wouldn't be the reason he lost.

I don't think activity matters much to Cruz, he was never active like that anyways. He always comes in after a long lay off and gets wins just fine. Not everyone has issues with activity, some can jump right in and have no issues - a fight is a fight after all.
Who are you picking to win and why?

Who are you picking to win and why?
I think Chito currently is the favorite. I think the leg kicks will give Cruz problems and stop his movement early and Chito has better boxing. I don't see Cruz knocking out Chito so his only way to win is by points and I don't see Cruz being able to win on points in a 5 round fight with Chito.

Cruz has always struggled vs better boxers and fighters that have strong leg kicks. Also Cruz isn't able to keep up his footwork past 2 rounds anymore so he'll be stationary after 2 rounds even without Chito targeting his legs. Which will make Cruz have to try and outbox Chito which I don't see happening. Chito has better boxing and hits harder. Cruz may try to use his wrestling but I think Chito's takedown/submission defense is good enough to nullify that part of Cruz's game.

Cruz is a gamer though and he will be in this fight throughout even though he's losing. But I do see Chito winning the fight but with someone like Cruz, I wouldn't be too surprised if he found a way to pull off a win.

My first thought was honestly no way he wins. Even if he could pull this off it will take everything he has. I think that’s what’s next for Dom. A beating or a fight so severe he has to pause a minute

What’s chito ranked? If he is top 5 and cruz beats him imo just give cruz his swan song title fight and let him get destroyed like he did vs CCC and let him retire for good.

if cruz loses, he should just retire.

Cruz vs Aldo for the vacant title after Dillashaw beats Sterling but tests positive for PEDs again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back