Opinion What's the biggest d*ck move in war?

It is an awful thing, but it is not wrong. That is exactly the principle evil people exploit to conquer masses of good people. Are you really saying you believe it was wrong for Churchill to make the decision to firebomb Hamburg as a last resort to give Allied Forces any chance of advancing into Germany? You don't think there was any difference in what each side was fighting for? Is your name Adolf or Heinrich?

What's with these petty name calling, we're just having a discussion. No need for that.

Ok that's your opinion which is fine. But I disagree any use of targeting of civilians is not right in my books.

Why do we fight wars differently now? It's a war crime to target civilians.

Winning a war in that resort is not right, again regardless which side forces you are but bombing and killing unarmed civilians is just not good. That's just my point of view.

Biggest dick move is to sell weapons to both sides then pretending you are not part of the war.

This is probably the biggest dick move in war, in the sense that it is a big dick energy move:

b4909ff6a11889fe32b32d9427ec3b8508a7c9af2e98de66d9a6c43cff3db2e8_1.jpg

I don't prefer any use of tactics where it involves civilian lives being targeted by the military.

Obviously the war was started by the Germans and the Japanese, that's why there was a full out world war. That had divided forces which were the Allies and Axis.

I'm just pointing out that using civilians as targets to win a war is wrong. Regardless what side you are on.
Civilians were targeted in the majority of wars in history. They’re usually the ones supplying and funding the wars. Not targeting civilians is a mostly modern western ideal.

The Jap population had no say. Hirohito and the war junta were either slow to surrender or still thinking about whether to continue.
Hirohito didn’t really have power either. Japan almost didn’t surrender after the second bomb but the leaders that wanted to surrender pulled a stunt that involved Hirohito to get it done. I forget the details but it’s an interesting read

If funker530 has taught me anything its drones dropping grenades on infantry or making tank crews bail out at first sight pretty much changed war in many ways

We got some wars going on now and I'm going with landmines. They're still functional years after being placed and a kid running through the forest having fun gets blown up.

Ukraine is going to have to deal with that situation for the next 50 years. You got a pick?

Naval mines deployed in war. Same principal

The Vietcong soldiers building booby traps by laying a carpet mat over spikes. Watch a Vietnam war documentary and it will be explained.

Cu_Chi_Tunnel_1.JPG

It didn't sit right for the people that actually had to do it either, but that is what had to be done because the consequences of not doing it were much, much worse for the entire world.
I used to say this because I could have sworn the Japanese were still in Nanking, Korea, and Philippines screwing things up. But then I was told “the Japanese were already out of those countries when the bombs were dropped”. Not sure which is true now.

Unfortunately this is true, there were babies born with birth defects from DU rounds in Iraq even 10 years after the invasion and the second battle of Fallujah. Both the US and UK have given DU rounds to Ukraine as well.

- I think someone posted this here .months ago. The pictures are horrible!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back