What's the deal with grant?

audiophiliac

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Why so expensive? I read here they were on ringside just a few years ago and now they're charging ridiculous prices for their gloves, even the stock ones are 350 for a pair of 12oz training in stock colors. I read somewhere on a youtube review of a pair of grant gloves someone said they're produced at one of reye's factories in mexico? Either way, how many people are still buying their gloves where they can make more money doing this than going the ringside route? (since i'm assuming they would've switched back if this wasn't working out) I know it sounds kind of dumb but I love the look of it, but will never get a pair at the prices they are at now.

Back in 2007, I bought a pair of Grant 14 oz for 114.99 from ringside, really really nice gloves. A little stiff but nice. Well worth it. Since then, they have become more of a name then substance. Their padding is nothing particularly special, really nice leather, run of the mill latex padding. Yea, they look beautiful, but many people have had bad experiences with grant, gloves splitting, stitching tearing up. I don't know how to explain it other than they have developed such an arrogance and attitude. That's not to say the gloves are all together bad, not at all, but, they certainly are not worth the price IMO. Winning are just superior in almost every way and actually less expensive. And as far as customer service, they could give a shit about the average person.

No more in stock items when it comes to training gloves. Response to my inquiry back in November:

" All of our products are made to order and take 10-16 weeks until completion, once your custom mockup is approved.
16 oz Pro Velcro Training Gloves in Red/Black/White run $400.00 USD.
Where will it be shipped?
Domestic shipping/handling starts at $25.00 USD for (1) item or $85.00 USD for international shipping.
Payment is made via PayPal invoice."

Apparently for $25 Elvis himself must drive the gloves to the customer's house :)

I'm sure there can't be that many people buying their stuff at 400$ a pair though, i mean they're making enough to stay in business?! AND pay their pros to wear their stuff?

I'm sure there can't be that many people buying their stuff at 400$ a pair though, i mean they're making enough to stay in business?! AND pay their pros to wear their stuff?

People see pros wearing them, status symbol type thing

Back in 2007, I bought a pair of Grant 14 oz for 114.99 from ringside, really really nice gloves. A little stiff but nice. Well worth it. Since then, they have become more of a name then substance. Their padding is nothing particularly special, really nice leather, run of the mill latex padding. Yea, they look beautiful, but many people have had bad experiences with grant, gloves splitting, stitching tearing up. I don't know how to explain it other than they have developed such an arrogance and attitude. That's not to say the gloves are all together bad, not at all, but, they certainly are not worth the price IMO. Winning are just superior in almost every way and actually less expensive. And as far as customer service, they could give a shit about the average person.

Did you sell them on eBay after logging a few roundsin them?

I don't think they pay their pros. When you can get Floyd Mayweather and Saul Alvarez to plaster Grant logos all over their gyms and to wear their gloves on fight they kind of sell themselves to the boxing contingent. Plus Boxing is a pretty big global sport and Grant is a big name. Boxers on every continent know the brand.

The bottom line is this, Grant is a company that makes gloves for Professional figters to use once in a fight, and who have the bank to buy new ones when they degrade.

They just HAPPEN TO SELL their products to the rest of the public.

Wheras a comoany like Hyabusa, Venum, Badboy, Everlast, Winning, etc, make equipment everyone can purchase and they market toward everyone.

Grant used to market to the genrral public with the campeon gloves and the like. But they receeded that market. Beautiful gloves, but they are way too expensive, and they know this. Grant make a beautiful glove meant to be used in a fight, get put in a frame, and sold on ebay.

I do hope to own a pair one day tho. Just stock red and black.

Are the old grants the one that had the name grant under the logo better then the new ones with just the logo? I seen a few of them sell on eBay for $320-350. when I emailed grant a few weeks ago they said 16oz lace ups run $350.

Back