What's the deal with Islam?

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dana is saying he's injured, Ali is saying he isn't and is waiting for an opponent in March.

Why don't they just make Islam v Gaethje? I feel like they're doing what they did last year, save Islam for later in the yr. What gives?

Dude has already been chinned. You’d figure he’d want to rack up title defenses in his prime for legacy sake

i believe ali in this case cuz we all know islam not gonna fight around Ramadan time

he was willing to fight before that i think

Dana is saying he's injured, Ali is saying he isn't and is waiting for an opponent in March.

Why don't they just make Islam v Gaethje? I feel like they're doing what they did last year, save Islam for later in the yr. What gives?
I thought it would at least be on Saudi card, but I guess not.
I get why they can't for 299, that shit is stacked as hell. Tbh I thought it had a nice slot for 298(main event over Volk/Topuria), it's too late now tho.

Hopefully we get some news soon for it

He's "injured" so that he can fight on the Conor / Chandler card.

And so that Charles or Arman have to once again fight him on short notice while he gets all the time in the world to prepare.

I know for a while Islam was wanting to fight at 299 and right after he said that they move the Garry v Neal fight to 298. Before the BSD-DP announcement I kind of assumed they’d throw Islam vs Gaethje on 299.

I don’t think Islam is injured though. Really wish he would have been booked for one of the 1Q 2024 cards

I think he will be fighting Gaethje in March in Saudi. Dana is full of crap.
I doubt they'd put it on a free card. 299 would be a decent time, but the card is already stacked to hell with several top 5s and former champs on the prelims, so there's not a lot of room for them to boot the main event and push everybody on the card down a spot.

The UFC wants him to fight on the Saudi card, he wanted to fight in Miami
They don't want to fight on this card because he had title fights in Abu Dhabi and Perth, which doesn't generate high PPV money, and the Saudi will not generate PPV money because of the time zone and it is a Fight Night
After that, it's Ramadan. So, 3 months out until the card of end of May

I swear, people think setting up fights is as easy as ordering pizza on Doordash

Sherdog must be filled with middle school aged kids

The UFC wants him to fight on the Saudi card, he wanted to fight in Miami
They don't want to fight on this card because he had title fights in Abu Dhabi and Perth, which doesn't generate high PPV money, and the Saudi will not generate PPV money because of the time zone and it is a Fight Night
After that, it's Ramadan. So, 3 months out until the card of end of May
I doubt they want him on the Saudi card. Too much money for him to be wasted on a fight night. Unless there is a briefcase full of cash or something. I'm not sure why people are expecting so much from that card. I wouldn't hold my breath. It wouldn't align with their formula

he is a dagestani, is normal

lets legit competion kill each other off while never fighting a contender.

fighting once a year due to injury's and of course ramadan.

its not a coincidence, its a well thought out and proven game plan to make ali, the rat, lots of money.

its not about sports, its about making money.

6d03ce59-0ad1-4568-b43e-66b8c9191258_text.gif

its a lamp, why would you want shade?

Back