What's the deal with Shannon Ross?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He loses a fight on the Contender Series by TKO and then gets a contract?
WHAT?!?
I thought you get a contract from the Contender series by winning, or if Dana thought you had a nice hairline.

How did he get into the UFC by losing?

I think he was dealing with some severe medical issue when he appeared on Contender Series so Dana wanted to sign him despite the result because "he's got that dog in him". <Eek2.0>

I think he was dealing with some severe medical issue when he appeared on Contender Series so Dana wanted to sign him despite the result because "he's got that dog in him". <Eek2.0>

nah, it's just to pad records. look at his last 2 fights, he got finished in literal seconds. his record should already tell you part of the story. he's not good. if he had that same record but built it in Bellator, PFL, ACA, or One he'd probably be a decent gatekeeper but he's just a tomato can.

nah, it's just to pad records. look at his last 2 fights, he got finished in literal seconds. his record should already tell you part of the story. he's not good. if he had that same record but built it in Bellator, PFL, ACA, or One he'd probably be a decent gatekeeper but he's just a tomato can.

It's crazy how badly he's done in the UFC lol

I think this fight will go longer, but it would be funny if it was over in seconds again

If he loses this, he’s cut for sure.

He loses a fight on the Contender Series by TKO and then gets a contract?
WHAT?!?
I thought you get a contract from the Contender series by winning, or if Dana thought you had a nice hairline.

How did he get into the UFC by losing?

Fought with appendicitis or something and still made a good fight of it. Dana found out later and loved that so gave him a contract.

He's had some rough matchups, but he doesn't really seem UFC level just yet.

He's not the only fighter to get in with a loss. There was a girl the other week who lost but got a contract because she put on an absolute banger and and I think she was there on short notice.

Also, another girl who is fighting tonight, Alencar, won her first round on DWCS 10-8, then gassed as bad as anyone I've ever seen and just managed to survive and get a draw. Now she's got a contract too. Didn't even have to go out and get another win either lol.

Back