• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's the dumbest wild animal?

A lie created by a 1950s Disney nature documentary called White Wilderness.
The movie director got some Lemmings and chucked them over a cliff into the sea while filming.
This is where the myth of Lemming mass suicide comes from.
Soo I looked into this. While it's not exactly suicide the shit they do is still stupid.

Lemmings do not commit suicide. However, this particular myth is based on some actual lemming behaviors. Lemmings have large population booms every three or four years. When the concentration of lemmings becomes too high in one area, a large group will set out in search of a new home. Lemmings can swim, so if they reach a water obstacle, such as a river or lake, they may try to cross it. Inevitably, a few individuals drown. But it’s hardly suicide.

So why is the myth of mass lemming suicide so widely believed? For one, it provides an irresistible metaphor for human behavior. Someone who blindly follows a crowd—maybe even toward catastrophe—is called a lemming.

Wild chickens. I don't even know how chickens exist outside of farms.
They only live for 3-7 years and lay a shit ton of eggs with a cracked out rooster that protects them.

Are the most evolved and intelligent species

4eTS_6.gif

MswB.gif

JMVR.gif

They only live for 3-7 years and lay a shit ton of eggs with a cracked out rooster that protects them.

I've never owned a rooster. Hens are dumb as shit though and lack self preservation skills. The rooster must overcompensate.

Back