What's the most hours you've ever worked in a week?

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm in the mood to hear some gnarly tales from fellow workaholics. What's the most hours you've ever worked in a week?

Think like 90. Most you used to be able to work at my job was 91. Now they make you take a day off and 13 hour day limit so 78 is the max. I've done that a few times as well but when I need money 60 is more normal for me.

Conventional jobs I would guess probably not much above 45 hours, never really had one which demanded I do masses of overtime.

As a photographer is difficult to gage really what includes "work", the basic making and mounting prints then selling them would be rarely more than 20 hours a week but there have certainly been weeks I'v spent a very large amount of time shooting and editting, probably pushing for 60 hours or more.

74 twice
A few 68s and a 66
Then they stuck a cap on 60 hours maximum
I did a few weeks of nothing but 64+ and was pulled into the leader office to tell me about the new hour cap being applied

70 hours for sure, maybe 75

Most I recall is 107; that was at the height of the oil boom in 2013. I know I went six weeks straight over 100 hours at one point, and 2 months without a day off. I was single and liked my job, so I didn’t mind it and was able to save up a lot of money.

Most I recall is 107; that was at the height of the oil boom in 2013. I know I went six weeks straight over 100 hours at one point, and 2 months without a day off. I was single and liked my job, so I didn’t mind it and was able to save up a lot of money.
That's awesome. How's the oil business doing nowadays?

When working at a beach club in my teens, we regularly worked 100-110 hour weeks. Longest streak was 42 days in a row, about 14 hours a day.

140 hours once... and never again

was organising a music event, in the last week the venue I was planning to used got barred, so I had to get another venue, and on top of that we just had some terror attacks + ISIS claiming they were going to do something during newyear, so I had to convince all the management and the artists to show up, venue needed new flyers, new posters, new social media, new sound installation, more security...

the last day I started hallucinating because of the lack of sleep, one of my friends forced me to sleep on a couch, I probably went 2 or 3 days with maybe 1 or 2 hours of sleep...

I sometimes work 7 days a week at my high school. I was also doing a part-time masters degree a couple of years ago … when you add those hours together, easily over a hundred hours a week.

I didn’t like doing that, though. Never again.

Back