Relationship What's the reason you got kids?

This is beautiful, man. And it hits home, especially your second point. Just got battered playing one on one basketball with my teenage boy, only to come here and read this thread. He even let me get some easy lay-ups toward the end and when we were finished, gave me a fist bump saying "don't worry...you still got it". There's parenting and there's everything else in life. My only regret is not having at least 4 or 5 little rascals.
When I was finally able to beat my dad at basketball was a rite of passage to me. He never took it easy on me, which was frustrating for years, but I'm glad he didn't now. Moms nurture you, Dads prepare you.

Living things are generally hardwired to want to reproduce. Some people are able to circumvent their natural impulses and presumably some are born without that specific impulse. I wasn't one of those people.

In my case I've always wanted kids, and I was with the right woman, so when I could afford it we went for it. Plus creampies are generally a cowdpleaser.

I'm spreading my seed left and right blowing my wad in anyone and everyone to maximize the amount of lil minions around the world

God bless
One time my mom asked my buddy Tom what he had been up to and he told her how he was trying to spread his seed to as many women as possible. Mind you, he wasn't spreading it to anyone and still isn't.

Took my mom years to get over that.

One time my mom asked my buddy Tom what he had been up to and he told her how he was trying to spread his seed to as many women as possible. Mind you, he wasn't spreading it to anyone and still isn't.

Took my mom years to get over that.
I thought this story was going in an entirely different direction.... "And that's how I lost my friend."

I wasn't excited but I knew it's something I sort've should do and somewhat wanted to do, so I have one now. Definitely changes when you have one and more exciting and stuff and glad I did. Makes you think or realize most of your "hobbies" and other stuff that you can't do anymore were just surrogate activities anyways and didn't mean much. Can't just play video games and work on shitboxes until I'm old and die, it just feels meaningless.

I know this will sound like a stupid reason for actually wanting to have kids, but I think it was to correct or compensate for what happened to me as a kid.

Regardless of how much or how little I accomplish in my life at least my name will live on through them, as long as I teach them right from wrong and prepare them for life's harsh realities, I did my part.

I was against having kids in my 30s. Now that I'm 44....

I'm still against having kids {<jordan}

I waiting till I was 40 to get married and made sure I married a woman that didn't want them either.

I was against having kids in my 30s. Now that I'm 44....

I'm still against having kids {<jordan}

I waiting till I was 40 to get married and made sure I married a woman that didn't want them either.
I knew a few guys like this, one of them is 48 now, with child <Dany07>
and dude is like a typical new dad, constantly posting kid pics
just got married too......

I knew a few guys like this, one of them is 48 now, with child <Dany07>
and dude is like a typical new dad, constantly posting kid pics
just got married too......
lol I'm sure. Fortunately my 43 year old wife is going through menopause so unless I get some side piece pregnant, I'm in the clear.

lol I'm sure. Fortunately my 43 year old wife is going through menopause so unless I get some side piece pregnant, I'm in the clear.
damn, that's early as hell, are there any signs of menopause? Dreading the moment my wife loses hair, sanity, and stuff.......

damn, that's early as hell, are there any signs of menopause? Dreading the moment my wife loses hair, sanity, and stuff.......
It is early... not officially been called menopause yet, just in pre-menopause.

She started getting hot flashes and started getting moody as fuck about nine months ago. Didn't have a period for six months so she went to the doctor. They were still saying they didn't see anything in her blood work that would indicate it but all the symptoms were there. They gave her progesterone to induce a period.. which it did, but then after not taking it she hasn't had a period for three months since.

I guess it would take a full year before they call it for good. But the doctors still aren't convinced that's what it is.

Who knows.

Back