What's up with Reyes coaching?

Royhalibut

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What was the plan here? Stand and bang with a former pro kickboxer? Not smart, but ok, maybe try that for a round a see how it goes. There was no adjustment made after round 1, you could clearly see he was a step behind in the striking, and was absorbing unnecessary damage. Who are these coaches Reyes has? Awful! They should have been asking him to clinch a bit and set up another takedown, it worked at the end of the first. What a shame.

That's all reyes does tho. If he changes his whole game suddenly for this fight he's gonna gas early

He has a shitty team. Edmund and Fabio get a lot of grief but they would have coached Reyes alot better.

He fights out of Victorville, don't know his gym or coaches but not a whole lot of big names coming out of or training out of Victorville. Maybe time to move his camp down south to kings or alliance.

He took Jiri down in the first round, didn't he?

Jiri is pretty open for takedowns, to not even threaten them against him is so stupid

His game planning is pretty good, he had moments every time it went to the ground though and he should have just wrestled for that fight

jiri is up with reyes coaching
20180728113107_jiri.JPG

That's all reyes does tho. If he changes his whole game suddenly for this fight he's gonna gas early
Then he could've worked on it prefight. Always good to have more than just one style of fighting. Because if that style doesn't work what are your options?

Then he could've worked on it prefight. Always good to have more than just one style of fighting. Because if that style doesn't work what are your options?
He should've been working on wrestling since he started MMA

He's gotten to where he is being a freak athlete, now he's behind on the skills

He should've been working on wrestling since he started MMA

He's gotten to where he is being a freak athlete, now he's behind on the skills
Not too late, he can work on it while recovering from his KOs and come in with new game plans and strategies for his next fights.

Jiri is pretty open for takedowns
I think that's one of the holes that may get exposed in Jiri sooner than later. Part of me believes that if Glover took him down, he wouldn't have gotten back up.

Not too late, he can work on it while recovering from his KOs and come in with new game plans and strategies for his next fights.
Yeah 100%, he probably needs to go to a different camp though, honestly, doubt anyone on his team has the knowledge he needs

I think that's one of the holes that may get exposed in Jiri sooner than later. Part of me believes that if Glover took him down, he wouldn't have gotten back up.
Yeah I think Jiri is really good, probably unbeatable atm standing up, but anyone who rushes in like that can get clinched

Same way Kevin Holland got take down by Brunson over and over

I don't think Dom has much of a ground game. I think he's fairly limited with how he can approach a fight- He's a standup fighter who utilizes his good footwork, timing, and power. And this style served him pretty damn well, he went 12-0 and was a questionable judge's decision away from beating Jon and winning the LHW title. However sometimes fighters get stuck in their own way and stop evolving when they have a lot of success early. But it's clear that Dom will need to improve his all around game if he wants to reach the next level as an MMA fighter. Switching camps to one of the bigger established MMA camps would likely do wonders for his career.

I don't think Dom has much of a ground game. I think he's fairly limited with how he can approach a fight- He's a standup fighter who utilizes his good footwork, timing, and power. And this style served him pretty damn well, he went 12-0 and was a questionable judge's decision away from beating Jon and winning the LHW title. However sometimes fighters get stuck in their own way and stop evolving when they have a lot of success early. But it's clear that Dom will need to improve his all around game if he wants to reach the next level as an MMA fighter. Switching camps to one of the bigger established MMA camps would likely do wonders for his career.

Agreed, but clearly he was starting to take a beating, time to change up the plan of attack. He took a beating for nothing. He did well in the wrestling, could have at least tried to wrestle a bit more. Proper coaching would have helped immensely. Those coaches should give him his money back, that was pitiful coaching.

Jiri is pretty open for takedowns, to not even threaten them against him is so stupid
Problem against Jiri is that, he lets you take him down, you gas out, then he gets up and ktfo his opponent.

Back