What's Wilders problem?

carpediem

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
and why do people still support him?

Personally I felt it was pretty obvious that, towards the end of the first fight, Tyson Fury worked out that Wilder couldn't fight going backwards. He built a gameplan around that in the second fight and Wilder had no answer.

Yet online I see a lot of chatter with people saying Wilder is coming for revenge/will KO fury this time. Well that and accusing Fury of cheating.

In any event if Wilder hasn't acknowledged the reason he lost then I see no way he can correct it.

It's kinda wierd that some people fixate on the theory around his gloves yet disregard all the other BS excuses he's put out.

I actually like Wilders backstory but unless he's learned to box going backwards he's wasting his time when he meets Fury again...

wilder clearly lost because his walk out coat weighed 250lbs, his coach spiked his water, and tyson fury had horseshoes in his gloves.

next time he's walking out butt naked with a new trainer and a metal detector. fury is getting laid out in 4 rounds.

ah, just what we need, another Wilder thread, because the 30 , 50 page threads that already exist just aren't enough

ah, just what we need, another Wilder thread, because the 30 , 50 page threads that already exist just aren't enough
Right hold my beer…….only joking had enough of this

Because he is still one of the most entertaining fighters in the game by far win lose or draw.

Some people watch it for sport. They dont need a hero or a father figure \ role model.

Also, for as crazy and unlikeable character as Wilder has become to some....Tyson Fury is no better. IMO Fury has said far worse racial & prejudice things compared to Wilder's race baiting. Wilder being delusional about his legit loss is no worse than Fury actually cheating and getting caught up in a crazy PED scandal. Also, Wilder being a dick towards Breland is comparable to accusations made by Fury sparring partners about him using manipulated gloves during sparring.
Not to mention this crazy Covid debacle he just caused....

He only needs one shot to stop anybody. He's already put Fury down twice. Fury is a headcase and appears to be unraveling again. Rumors that he's getting beat up in sparring and not ready to fight. Wilder is a very live dog due to all that. Not like it would be a major upset to many.

can we just close this thread already, it's been done to death and there is a search function, superman has already tried to kick it off again and nobodies interested

can we just close this thread already, it's been done to death and there is a search function, superman has already tried to kick it off again and nobodies interested
Must resist temptation to feed the trolls…804DC146-0715-431D-961D-FF07B0F57DCB.png

Hell with that, I'm interested to see how Wilder does 3rd time and to see if Fury is an inconsistent commodity or fights to opponents level. My only gripe is the fight feels anticlimactic as fuck when we were talking Fury/AJ right before, and now its incredibly agonizing because postponement. But, this is still a good fight. Wilder hits like a missile and Fury is a question mark always. Heavyweight title action. Why the fuck should Wildet step aside and keep his mouth shut when he already KOd his man out if only for a different ref?

another thread huh? Well, i'll give the same answer I have been. I think Wilder is a good man, just sort of out of his depth, not really equipped to be at the level of the sport he got to and that means maturity and experience, he doesn't have it. No fighter likes loss and I'm sure it haunts even the greatest of fighters but what we see with Wilder is sorta like what an average dude who thought he was a tough guy got handed his ass. An average dude like that wouldn't handle it well at all, would lie about what happened, make excuses and if it weren't on tape we might believe him.

I've never seen a fighter take a loss as badly as Wilder, not even Rousey. Usually when that happens, the rematch goes even worse, and the deluded and in denial fighter often tries to totally change the things that made them successful in the first place. The one silver lining for Wilder is Tyson is a head case and is his own worst enemy; it's conceivable he gets lazy, too complacent, looses the fire and Wilder catches him. Tyson is a great fighter while working for the impossible, but not the type of champion that will be at his best defending his title 20 times and beating guys he already beat.

If Wilder wins, it will more be a case of Tyson beating him own self vs Wilder's superiority.

Last edited:
I think Wilder is too much of a threat for Fury to take him lightly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back