What's with the hate for Jamahal Hill?

Bad tattoos. Dad bod. Beat Glover. Seemingly irrational confidence despite the accomplishments. Continues to defy expectations. These things allow people who love to hate fighters hate him effortlessly even if they have no real reason to.
Piece of shit person, dumber than dirt.

But yeah, he can do work in the octagon. Just not at the height or consistency some of us would expect from a championship level

I don’t know about hate. But a lot of people consider him a product of a weak division and his championship came by beating which young stud again?

I get the hate now since he's been acting up on twitter but I didn't understand the hate prior to the Glover fight at all. Everyone downrated his skills and even I thought his lack of grappling was going to be a problem but he surprised me. I'm still a fan but his dumbass needs to learn the #1 rule of the internet: don't respond to trolls.

Cuz he’s bland, nothing stands out
I like Hill tho

Yeah, he's a great fighter, but he doesn't really have any redeemable qualities as a human being. He's stupid and his emotional intelligence is non-existent. He condones violence towards women, got arrested for beating his brother, and threatens violence whenever faced with any sort of criticism. All-around scumbag human being. But obviously there's gonna be plenty of sherdoggers with no moral compass acting baffled that people would dislike him. Just look at some of the responses in this thread.

images

Don't get the hate, he's the reason UFC 300 has a $9.99 discount

Theres this perception that Hill "just isn't that guy". And theres really nothing solid it's based on.

Couldn't finish a retiring, 42 year old Glover, coming off a loss, who was stopped in his previous fight. Even in a paper thin division his strength of schedule is really bad for a 'champion'

- Thiago Santos (lost 4 of his last 5 when fighting hill LMAO)
- Johnny Walker (lost 3 of his last 4 fighting hill)
- Jimmy Crute (lost 2 of his last 4)

Let me stop here and say every single fighter I've mentioned in this thread so far, Hill fought coming off a LOSS. Literally every one of them.

The last guy Hill fought coming off a win? That would be now middleweight Paul Craig, and he TKO'd Hill.

I had to go back 6 fights to find a guy Hill beat coming off a win, and that was OSP who has an absolutely atrocious record in the division. I don't think he's even a .500 fighter in the UFC.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Hill "is that guy" and he hasn't really fought any of his ranked peers.

Couldn't finish a retiring, 42 year old Glover, coming off a loss, who was stopped in his previous fight. Even in a paper thin division his strength of schedule is really bad for a 'champion'

Let me stop here and say every single fighter I've mentioned in this thread so far, Hill fought coming off a LOSS. Literally every one of them.

The last guy Hill fought coming off a win? That would be now middleweight Paul Craig, and he TKO'd Hill.

I had to go back 6 fights to find a guy Hill beat coming off a win, and that was OSP who has an absolutely atrocious record in the division. I don't think he's even a .500 fighter in the UFC.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Hill "is that guy" and he hasn't really fought any of his ranked peers.

The absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

The absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

The best guys Glover fought were able to stop him, even when he wasn't 100 years old. Rumble (RIP) did it with pure power, Gus did it with volume, Jiri did it with durability and force of will. The fact that Hill couldn't close the show despite clearly out matching his aging, retiring opponent is definitely evidence he's not 'that guy.'

Losing to Craig was an embarrassment and thats in his current 5 fight run. Beating 3 other guys coming off a series of losses / career spiral?

Fight exhibition talent get exhibition results.

Lol at this attempt to spin the narrative. Glover had just lost his title by getting subbed in the last round by Jiri in a fight he was winning. Hill beat him more impressively than Jiri did. Hill is also the only fighter to KO Santos at light heavyweight.

Remember that MMA fanbase is filled with dickriders and bandwagonners of low intelligence who fall in love with the most famous guys (Conor, Jones, Khabib and so forth) and are convinced that everyone else sucks.

Back