Whats wrong with Kron ?

He strikes me as someone who has a lot of issues. It’s probably due to the whole stepping in a big man’s shoes syndrome mixed with the fact he’s probably not satisfied with where he is in his life, he mentioned on embedded something regarding needing money so he can train, which probably means he can’t dedicate him self to the sport and keep up with his expenses. Truth of the matter is if he wasn’t a Gracie no one would even takkkng about him and probably realizes that.
It’s hard to be a great man

also

It’s statistically unlikely for the son of a great man to become a great man.

I am a grown ass man, but if my father suddenly went no-contact with me, I would still be shocked and saddened by it.

A 17 year old is a kid to me. A person who needs guidance and love from their parent.

I understand familial relationships are not always positive and can even be detrimental. But it is always a sadness when they are broken. The parent-offspring relationship is one of the most important in any person's life. that has been true for all humanity, for all time.

I never questioned how important a father is to a child. I only said that at 17 you are OLD enough ( in 12 months or less you are an ADULT) to process situations like that. It’s not like you are 8, now that would be some hard shit to deal with. Something similar happened to me. I know how it feels.

No. A 17 year old is considered an adolescent.
Yet in 12 months or less, he’d be considered an “adult“.

Last edited:
I hung out with Kron at an after-hours nightclub in L.A right before the pandemic, he was very friendly and conversational and not a downer at all. He was sober but he did smoke some weed with me. We talked for a while, he invited me to come train with him at his gym.. Really nice guy. That was a few years ago though. But to answer your question TS I'm guessing he was just nervous about the fight and didn't want to do press.

I am a grown ass man, but if my father suddenly went no-contact with me, I would still be shocked and saddened by it.

A 17 year old is a kid to me. A person who needs guidance and love from their parent.

I understand familial relationships are not always positive and can even be detrimental. But it is always a sadness when they are broken. The parent-offspring relationship is one of the most important in any person's life. that has been true for all humanity, for all time.
Wait, Rickson abandoned Kron? I didn't know that.
I can't think of a lower, scummier thing to do in life than abandoning your child.

Wait, Rickson abandoned Kron? I didn't know that.
I can't think of a lower, scummier thing to do in life than abandoning your child.

I posted about it earlier in the thread. You can read more about it in this article. Kron explained it all.

Kron Gracie on Jiu-Jitsu, Skateboarding, Older Brothers, and Famous Fathers

"It was literally overnight and he was like, 'Well I'm outta here and I'm going back to Brazil.' I was decent at jiu-jitsu at the time but I was still just a kid. I was really upset. I was thinking that he should be here supporting me and teaching me lessons and doing all these things for me and making sure my hip movements were right.

I had nobody to turn to. All I had were my students and my training partners."

Always struck me as kind of a lazy stoner who just doesn't actually do anything. Wakes up at noon, goes for a run, goes to the BJJ gym, goes out to eat, goes back to the gym, goes out to eat again ... and thats his whole day.
Going to train twice a day is DOING something most people couldn't do.

Back