What's your favorite games that you believe most people haven't played?

Most people haven't played any game that's ever existed. <Neil01>

That said probably Oni off the top of my head, mostly because i'm surprised by how many haven't heard of it.. Despite it being Rockstar and Bungie lol
Oni_Coverart.jpg

Most people haven't played any game that's ever existed. <Neil01>

That said probably Oni off the top of my head, mostly because i'm surprised by how many haven't heard of it.. Despite it being Rockstar and Bungie lol
Oni_Coverart.jpg

That's a fair assessment.

It is the single most underrated game of all time. It is the best of System Shock elements, balanced to a perfect degree. The music by Gordon is fucking amazing. The weapons and abilities are insane. I've replayed this game more than any other. I still go back and play it at least twice a year.

Knights and Merchants
had laugh watching some random stream when streamer said: "I CANT SELECT WORKERS, HOW DO I SELECT WORKERS? HOW TO PLAY THIS STUPID GAEM
ss_6ddcd4f13df43696ac18784e75a92f1b6626d9f5.1920x1080.jpg

Whenever this topic comes up, of our “hidden gems” in gaming my go to answers are always Crusader: No Remorse and Dungeon Keeper. Not only are both games awesome (imo anyway) but they’re also very unique and haven’t really ever been duplicated other than by their own respective sequels. There’s plenty of other strategy games out there but I’m not aware of any that play the same way that Dungeon Keeper works, and Crusader is even more unique. I’ve never seen another game ever that plays like it.

As both games are well over 25 years old now they’re pretty much forgotten about these days hence why I think they’re good candidates for this kind of thread.

Crusader_-_No_Remorse_cover.jpg

crusader-no-remorse_3.jpg

Dungkeep.jpg

jlfdpye07c8hclbpstcx.jpg

Dysmantle was the last game I played that was a pleasant surprise. Tough when you are starting out and aren't sure how to progress. Does get repetitive also, but once you get the hang of it, it's fun to melee level an area.

Star Wars Rebellion is a 4X game from the 90's which is my fav game of the genre. You play as either the Empire or Rebels and need to take over the galaxy, building fleets and armies but leaning heavily on diplomacy to talk planets on your side. The best thing about it is each side has a large cast of SW characters to be recruited, from big players like Vader and Skywalker to more obscure characters from the Expanded Universe. Some function as researchers or fleet commanders or diplomats and others can be sent on combat or espionage missions. One of the main mechanics of the game is in combing the galaxy finding and capturing (Or assassinating, if you're Empire) the enemies characters. You can also build as many Death Stars as you like but blowing up planets isn't really worth it because the whole universe gets mad about it (God damn space liberals)

old game on the genesis called Warsong was a fucking masterpiece. Incredible turn based strategy with a lot of depth for the time. Different units had different stats that could work against some enemies and not others. Environmental bonuses, etc. Crazy great game. You can really tell how it influenced other turn based games like Shining Force, etc.

Warsong_Coverart.png

The Outer Worlds. It's Fallout for people with a short attention span.

Damn.. I'll go with Hunter Hunted.

Played it with siblings as a kid and you both had different keys on the same keyboard to control your character.

2nd would be POD I guess. Another game from around 1996.

I think they came in a bundle with the computer.

Back