What's Your Next Purchase? V5

It's mostly Kimbers in that show but Kimbers as of late have had a LOT of QC issues and are more safe queens than anything last I heard.

Medani has what looks like either a Sig P227 or a P226. The LEOs seem to have Sigs.

I want a Tactical Edge Comrade

They make a 12.5 pistol version and a 14.5 carbine with a pinned Lantac Dragon.

855739008670-2.png

comrad_02.jpg

The COMRADE is designed and manufactured with the highest standards that are expected with any Tactical Edge product. We start with our stamped steel receiver, forged front and rear trunnions and nitrided 4150 barrel and add new parts, TiN bolt carrier, ALG trigger, East German conversion and enhanced controls to give you one of the most smoothest shooting AKs on the market.

Features:
Stamped steel receiver
Forged front trunnion
Forged, side folding rear trunnion
Nitride 4150 12.5" barrel chambered in 7.62x39
TiN bolt carrier
SLR 9" MLOK rail
ALG trigger
Magpul AK K2 grip
Combo block
Surefire muzzle brake
Enhanced magazine release and safety
SBA3 collapsible pistol brace

Features:
Stamped steel receiver
Forged front trunnion
Nitride 4150 14.5" barrel chambered in 7.62x39
TiN bolt carrier
SLR 11.5" MLOK rail
ALG trigger
Magpul AK K2 grip
Combo block
Lantac Drakon muzzle brake

855739008670-2.png

comrad_02.jpg

The COMRADE is designed and manufactured with the highest standards that are expected with any Tactical Edge product. We start with our stamped steel receiver, forged front and rear trunnions and nitrided 4150 barrel and add new parts, TiN bolt carrier, ALG trigger, East German conversion and enhanced controls to give you one of the most smoothest shooting AKs on the market.

Features:
Stamped steel receiver
Forged front trunnion
TiN bolt carrier
SLR 9" MLOK rail
ALG trigger
Magpul AK K2 grip
Combo block
Surefire muzzle brake

Features:
Stamped steel receiver
Forged front trunnion
TiN bolt carrier
SLR 11.5" MLOK rail
ALG trigger
Magpul AK K2 grip
Combo block

Never understood why the safeties on AK's are such as they are.

Don't ask why Russians do things the way they do IMO, it usually involves some vodka and poor critical thinking.

EDIT:
Also, why do Gen 3 Glocks still cost in excess of $500? Jesus.

Last edited:
Don't ask why Russians do things the way they do IMO, it usually involves some vodka and poor critical thinking.

EDIT:

Because of rabid Glock fanboys are willing to pay that much. And I like Glocks mostly.

People consider it the master race glock. Also the frame, slide, etc lends itself best to stippling, customization, etc.

You looking to buy one or customize?

People consider it the master race glock. Also the frame, slide, etc lends itself best to stippling, customization, etc.

You looking to buy one or customize?
Buy and then customize. Friend was an armorer in the military at the end of his service life and a licensed Smith. Going to show me some things. Try to John Wick a 34 without sending it to Taran Tactical for 24 weeks and $1300

I just jailed a Tikka T3 Hunter in 7mm Rem Mag.
I got a good deal on a barely used one for $510.
It's going to be my son's deer and bear rifle.

Need help Sherbros. I'm going to buy a 1911. Trying to keep the cost low. Only stipulation is that I want a carry version and not a full size (4-4.25"). Don't care about caliber (fuck .40 though) but I'd prefer a 9mm as that would be in line with the rest of my handguns and wouldn't require me buying special ammo just for it but I'm not against a .45. What's the best bang for my buck in a reliable carry 1911?
I think in that price range, you can’t beat Springfied or Sig Sauer. I’ve owned a full size Sig 1911, which I sold but had no issues with and ran the shit out of. I have a Springfield Champion Operator now, with probably 2000+ rounds thru it, with zero issues, which is rare for 1911s in general.
Springfield refers to their commander length (4”-4.25”) 1911’s as “Champion”, while Sig refers to this size as “Compact”.

Check armslist and you can probably find one in the $700-$800 range.

I think I'm going to buy a bow. Shot a PSE Evoke 35 SE today. Shot a bowtech realm rs6 & ss and Mathews vertix as well. Really liked the Evoke.

855739008670-2.png

comrad_02.jpg

Features:
Stamped steel receiver
Forged front trunnion
TiN bolt carrier
SLR 9" MLOK rail
ALG trigger
Magpul AK K2 grip
Combo block
Surefire muzzle brake

Features:
Stamped steel receiver
Forged front trunnion
TiN bolt carrier
SLR 11.5" MLOK rail
ALG trigger
Magpul AK K2 grip
Combo block
$2000 for an American built AK, manufactured by a company with zero reputation in the AK world. Promoted by a video in which the speaker can’t even properly pronounce Kalashnikov. Oho boy, let me bust out my debit card! Meaning no offense to you @RerouteToRemain. At least they used forged trunnions, and actually press and pin their FSB/GB combo.
upload_2019-2-3_11-36-36.jpeg
This type of safety improves ergonomics and function immensely. It offers a bolt hold-open and allows for operation of the safety while maintaining a proper firing grip.

$2000 for an American built AK, manufactured by a company with zero reputation in the AK world. Promoted by a video in which the speaker can’t even properly pronounce Kalashnikov. Oho boy, let me bust out my debit card! Meaning no offense to you @RerouteToRemain. At least they used forged trunnions, and actually press and pin their FSB/GB combo.

Post was mostly from an aesthetically speaking sense and some the parts used, slr, alg, muzzle devices, forged parts, etc. I like the way that 12.5 looks. Their 5k round test seemed like a big failure to me. Bolt was getting stuck after a pretty low round count. Not a huge fan of TiN gold either but I hate it less on an AK. I don't really like the AK that much, as in the stock wood form. If I ever bought one I would want to outfit it with SLR rail, gas tube, alg trigger, etc.

It's rifle dynamics that doesn't press and pin theirs correct? Have they had a bunch of failures?

Speaking of AK parts have you read much about KNS adjustable gas piston?

Post was mostly from an aesthetically speaking sense and some the parts used, slr, alg, muzzle devices, forged parts, etc. I like the way that 12.5 looks.
The snark was directed entirely at Tactical Edge, I hope you didn’t take offense. To be fair, the ALG is generally well regarded. And they claim to use forged trunnions, but they are made in house by a commercial factory with zero experience manufacturing AK parts. No mention of who made the receiver shell or barrel, likely made in house as well. I’m not so much of purist to scoff at the nitrided barrel, in fact I find them more accurate than chrome lined barrels as a general rule (given they are high quality). But for that price, I’d rather build with a chrome lined Polish Radom barrel.
Their 5k round test seemed like a big failure to me. Bolt was getting stuck after a pretty low round count. Not a huge fan of TiN gold either but I hate it less on an AK.
I saw that as well. They started slamming the charging handle against the fence post and claiming it was because of the cold<Lmaoo>. I know little about TiN except that it looks tacky, but the carrier sticking like that doesn’t bode well for long term reliability.
I don't really like the AK that much, as in the stock wood form. If I ever bought one I would want to outfit it with SLR rail, gas tube, alg trigger, etc.
I know a lot of folks that like to use an adapter for M4 style stocks. I really like the Galil or Beryl style folders myself, but the benefit of an adjustable length of pull cannot be argued.

It's rifle dynamics that doesn't press and pin theirs correct? Have they had a bunch of failures?

Speaking of AK parts have you read much about KNS adjustable gas piston?
Correct. They use the Bolton FSB/GB. I won’t say they are terrible, but they have been known to walk. You also have to file the front sight post to adjust to proper elevation. It just seems a bit chintzy for a high dollar boutique build. I have no experience with the KNS adjustable gas piston. I’ve used the Definitive Arms adjustable gas block, but unless you are running a suppressor or ridiculously over gassed it’s not much of an advantage.

Back